Chapter 41 - 8 Cookies, 8 Letters

Tyler's P.O.V

"Tyler what are these cookies for?" My mom sighed stirring the batter. I couldn't tell her it's for Bree, she knows how Mrs Bunsel is about Bree not dating a werewolf.

For what I had planned, I only needed 8 cookies and the rest I'll bring to dinner tonight. My plan is risky but it needs to be done and was the perfect opportunity.

"Let's just say it's for a girl" I smiled swiping some batter from the bowl and popping it in my mouth.

"A girl?" My mom's eyes lit up like my skin in the sun. I'd say my future but that's as dim as dishwater.

A knock on the door captured both of our attention.

"Put on a t-shirt, no one likes a show off" I rolled my eyes at my mom. All her friends daughters gag when they see me when I open the door.

"Nancy?" It was obvious she was dolled up way too much. Like Chucky dolled up. No like Jigsaw dolled up, was she trying to look like a zombie?

"Tyler!" I noticed she had a fresh bite on her thigh and my stomach churned at the smell of blood.

"Nancy, you're bleeding" I had nothing else to say to her so why not point of the obvious. Plus I'm curious.

"Does it entice you?" Giggling she stepped closer to me, my heel hitting the steps as I backed up and she leaned down close to me. "Devon had a taste, don't you want one too?"

How does she even know where I live?!

"You need to leave. You're in a neighborhood of vampires and werewolves bleeding. That's not exactly a smart decision." Then again none of her decisions are.

"What the hell is your problem! You've been resisting me for so long, Tyler, baby I know you want me. I'm not leaving without this" as soon as she smooshed her lips into mine I shoved her away.

"What the fuck Nancy! Ever think I don't make a move because I don't want anything to do with you? I have a fucking girlfriend!" Colour drained from her skin as she turned around to leave, hobbling down the street like an arthritis ridden grandma.

Bree was at the halfway point of our two driveways. My heart seemingly fell and shattered into the tiniest of shards and I could feel it cutting my insides. A four year old could figure out what just happened, Nancy's shit tasting lipstick was all over my face.

"What the fuck, Tyler what the actual complete fucking fuck!" My mouth tasted bitter. My brain wasn't functioning, I couldn't process what was happening or the pained look on her face and in my chest.

I ran after her as Matt held both of us at the door but letting Grace whisk Bree away. I can't lose her and I'm going to make sure I don't.

***

Matt told me to stay but I couldn't be there. I needed to be alone but hearing Bree's sobs from my room just made me more insane. I knew I had to go back, not just because of dinner tonight but because I had to explain myself to her.

Grace was at the table too, glaring at me making a knife movement across her throat. I rolled my eyes glancing over to Bree who's eyes never left the table but were puffy.

"Ow!" Bree exclaimed while narrowing her eyes at Matt. "Did you just kick me?"

"Matthew, are you a donkey?" Mrs Bunsel exclaimed.

"Hear that, mom says you're an ass" he flipped her off and Grace rolled her eyes.

The rest of the night Bree moved her food around the plate barely eating. Making conversation tonight was like eating a raw potato whole.

"So Tyler, I heard you made cookies for us" Matthew snickered as his mom tuned him to shush.

"Oh no Ella, apparently he made if for a girl" Matt ooooo'ed as my mom laughed at me.

"A girl?" My dad butted in "the one who left her mark on your face?" My dad smirked and Bree dropped her fork sighing.

"Who killed your buzz? Also what happened with you and Tyler earlier?" Matt now leaning forward curiously.

Bree looked at me for the first time while we've been at the table. We both opened our mouths but nothing left them.

"You ran from him like he committed a crime" Matt continued. I wish I had a voodoo doll of him, I'd definitely sew the lips shut. Maybe the butthole too.

"He can't even commit to a relationship, honey" Bree sipped her water and Grace quickly stuffed her face with chicken that was drier than a camel's asshole in a sandstorm.

"He's such a sweetheart Bree, he made cookies for a girl he likes! That's serious because he never even boils water!" I tried to stop my mom talking but she shushed me making Matt grunt.

"Yeah Bree, he's been going after Nancy for months now. I've never seen him so tied down to girl like this" Matt is making everything worse. Grace kicked him under the table and Bree's eyes were ignited with hatred.

"So that's your girlfriend?" My dad questioned as my mom butted in. "That can't be right because Nancy came over today and he told her he had a girlfriend" she heard that? I have a witness!

"Then who's the girlfriend, Tyler?" Why is this an intervention. "Who's 'I love you' cookies for?"

Bree got up, it wasn't hard to tell she was holding back tears. "He doesn't have a girlfriend but he does have an recent ex"

"Bree" Grace cooed while rubbing her hand. Everyone else was confused. "Its okay, Gracie." She turned to me. "I love you cookies? Well I fucking loathe you Tyler." She turned to go upstairs when I stopped her. I had to. I held her wrists up, she had to hear me out.

"Bree, Princess, you don't mean that. You're breaking my heart here."

"Now you know how it feels" warm tears streamed down her face.

"You're just upset, please let me explain. Nancy kissed me after being bitten by Devan. I haven't been flirting with Nancy, I just had to cover up and tell Matt that. Bree please, I'd never hurt you like that." I looked at her hands, she wasn't wearing the ring. "I promised you, didn't I? I baked those cookies to say I love you. I planned on telling everyone because everyone deserves to know how lucky I am. I didn't want it to be like this Bree. Just please please, don't do this"

I let her go, more tears streaming down her face and mine too. Within a blink, I heard her room door slam.

Everyone was silent and staring at me as I left slamming the front door.

---------------------------------------------------------