Chapter 24 - Oxygen is for the weak

Sunday morning I woke up to Tyler humming next to me while watching videos on his Mac. His hickeys were still super prominent.

"Morning, beautiful" he smiled. His voice was hoarse and low which made me catch my breath.

"What was that?"

"I said" he kissed the top of my hand "Morning, beautiful" his breathtaking smile made me want to punch him. Stop being so dreamy. "Want me to say it again?"

"No, I need you to say it again"

Closing the laptop, he played with my fingers as my eyes roamed his shirtless body. I don't know if I want his sweatpants or I want to get into his sweatpants. All these sex jokes even though I have as much experience as a white crayon.

"What are we?" I blurted out, turning to Tyler. He was clearly taken off guard.

"I forgot that you aren't even mine" dropping my hand he brushed the hair away from my face. "But I want you to be. So badly"

Is it suddenly hot in here? Did the sun move extremely close to the earth somehow?

"Uh, what" was all that came out.

"I know we flirt a lot for shits and giggles but I like you, Bree. But I'm hoping that they mean more than just jokes to you. Would you please go on a date with me?"

"I'd love to but what about Matt? My parents?" I do like Tyler but I've never let the feelings fully develop because I knew there was no chance Matt or my parents would consider it.

"You think I care?" He cheekily smiled at me.

"We're going to have to hide it."

"Behind closed doors we don't though" he leaned down kissing me which I immediately returned a little too desperately. His hands fiddled with the hem of my t-shirt then slowly made it's way up. Stopping at my shoulder blade and biting lightly drawing blood.

The knock on my front door was perfectly timed before we went too far.. again. I went to the kitchen as Tyler opened the door.

"Oh, h-hi?" I heard some confused male softly say.

I walked to the door, buttered toast in hand.

"NATHAN!" Hugging him almost immediately with my legs around him. He rubbed my back while laughing.

"Is Matt home, love?"

"I actually have no idea where he is" turning to Tyler, he rolled his eyes at me and Nathan. If only he knew Nathan was probably dying at the sight of a shirtless Tyler.

"He's in the forest with the pack, if you want to turf talk that's where you'll find him" I gave Nathan a questioning look.

"I'm alpha of another pack. I just need to talk to Matt that's all." Putting me down and waving bye Tyler shut the door kind of rudely.

"Someone, jealous? And we aren't even a thing yet" I laughed which Tyler didn't think was funny at all.

"Do you even want to be?"

"We'll see after that date" I winked and plopped on the couch with the remainder of my toast.

Tyler's face had the worst expression I've ever seen in my life. I don't know if it was disappointment, disbelief or just that every dream you've ever had was crushed.

I walked over to him and hugged him. "He's gay, Ty" I felt him relax in my arms.

"I just don't want to lose someone I don't even have yet.. I'm so close" I kissed him to calm his nerves.

"Why do you always have to pull away?" He whined.

"Because I need to breathe, dumbass"

"Fuck breathing."

With that he lifted my chin and embraced his lips with mine again.

---------------------------------------------------------