Chapter 30 - Mayonnaise

I ran out my front door passed Matt before he could play 21 questions with me

I ran out my front door passed Matt before he could play 21 questions with me. Tyler was leaned against my car, tulip in hand because we both know roses are overrated. Hugging him his leather jacket smelled like sandalwood mixed with cologne of 1000 Greek gods.

"So where are we going?" Handing him my keys as we got in. Tyler insisted on driving and thought it would be weird if I left to 'go to Grace' without taking my car.

I leaned my head back and hummed to Metro Stations song Shake It as we passed building by building. Soon enough we stopped just to see the sunsetting at the beach. It might be cliche but the view was beautiful over the ocean.

To my left there was a picnic blanket with a few candles, mugs, a flask and the best thing ever - cookies and little quiches.

I took my boots off and put them in the car along with Tyler's vans.

"After you" he helped me over the small wall separating the parking lot and the sand.

"You just want to see this sweet little thing in front of you" I said wiggling my butt.

"Sweet yes, but little? Not in the slightest, Princess"

We spoke for what seemed like minutes but it was two hours. It went from Jurassic park to dinosaur erotica to Barney and his pedo ways to food. Also we spoke about career paths, movies and out favourite childhood memories.

"Want to swim?"

"Is the word 'crazy' written on my forehead?"

"I'm surprised it's even in your vocabulary" Tyler smiled as he took off his t-shirt. "Promise I won't drown you"

"But then seaweed will rub against my legs which is the equivalent of Satan caressing my legs while sexually whispering 'mayonnaise'"

"Sometimes I still want to believe you're normal"

After a lot of convincing, I was now sure I had hypothermia while standing pressed against Tyler.

"Its soooooo cold" I whined.

"I don't feel it"

"Do you feel anything?" I scoffed. It was so cold, how could he not.

"I know that I feel more for you than I should be allowed" his nose brushed mine and as if in slow motion, our lips locked.

The quiet sound of his breathing, the waves and our lips moving was serene. I didn't want to think about it ending, something this perfect couldn't possibly end.

---------------------------------------------------------