Chapter 2, Trouble

I stand my ground

I stand my ground. Even though I'm shitting myself on the inside.

"Did you just say something?" Leather Leader asks.

"I- Uh, yes. Yes, I did," I answer.

Jessy tugs at my sweater, silently pleading me to stop. The rest of Leather Boys all seem to raise their eyebrows. Even some of the Coat Boys are surprised.

Leather Leader's sneer turns into a cruel smirk and he starts checking me out. "If you plan on opening your mouth again, I can find suitable ways to shut you up," he says. 

My throat tightens at that. 

"Go threaten one of your whores, Bowmen," Coat Leader growls.

"You're the one with the whores, Rhodes. And since when do you care about who I threaten?"

"Since Golden Girl over here is too pretty for a bastard like you."

Leather Leader and Coat Leader get into an intense argument that unsurprisingly drift back to territories. Their goons are also intensely into the argument and thus I grab my chance. I turn to Jessy and she looks like she's on the verge of fainting, so I do what all girls do among large guys, I simply crawl my way out of there.

Jessy follows me when I tug at her, and only when we make our way across the hallway and round the corner, do I allow myself a breath of relief.

"Who are those guys?" I demand when I'm certain Leather and Coat boys aren't following us.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!"

"I was thinking that I don't want to be late for class and that I don't have time for guys with huge egos," I explain.

"They're not just any guys, Amber," Jessy says, "They're the guys. West and East gang. They've been rivals since the dawn of time!"

"Gangs? Well, sorry for disturbing the poor little lost boys and their toddler fit," I laugh. It's so ridiculous. Gangs? Gangs aren't hot boys having an ego brawl. Right?