Chapter 56.2, Not pretty anymore

When it's established that Rhodes will fight Xavier again, the boxer walks over to Amber and me with a grave, but determined look

When it's established that Rhodes will fight Xavier again, the boxer walks over to Amber and me with a grave, but determined look. Nobody has expected Xavier's fighting to be this good.

"How the hell are we going to win this?" Rhodes asks in a hushed whisper.

"You're the one that's so eager to fight," I bark back.

"As if you'd do any better!"

"We're fucked."

"Finally, something we can agree on," Rhodes mumbles and runs his hands through his copper hair. He's stressed. I'm stressed. We're really fucked.

I take a look at Xavier throwing his tie away. He looks like he's hungry for blood. There's this violent gleam in his eye that the North was known for before they went dormant for a little while. I should've seen this coming. The day the North decided to get greedy again. 

"This guy's too smart, I'll have to hit him hard," Rhodes reasons.

"You can't afford to lose," I remind him.

"Yeah, yeah," the boxen mumbles before turning to Amber. "A good-luck kiss?" he asks.

My anger flares and I feel like yelling at him 'how about a good-luck punch in the face?' But the enemy is surrounding us and now's not the time to argue with the dumbass. 

"No," Amber answers and I really can't hide the smile that jumps to my mouth. For someone who owns whores for a business, poor Rhodes isn't used to the word, but of course my darling Amber would be willing to teach him.

Owen looks frustrated and tries hiding it with a smirk when he asks: "but wouldn't it piss off Xavier so much?"

"Exactly, Owen. Xavier would beat the shit out if you," Amber replies without missing a beat. It's like her comebacks and answers to everything is programmed into her. "Maybe I should kiss Xavier? It might turn you into Hulk" she adds.

Rhodes' dark eyes go even darker as he says: "Don't you ever dare to do that."

I'd be saying the same thing.