Chapter 34, First dance

I'm caught off guard

I, Owen William Rhodes, leader of the East-side gang, is caught off guard by a golden work of art that steps through into the ballroom.

Goldy is wearing a golden dress that hugs her figure like it's her second skin. It falls down to the floor in a pool of gold after reaching her ass. The dress extends at the back - making it look like actual gold is leaking from Goldy while it drags behind her. The simplicity of the work is really what does it for her.

The warm lights in the ballroom caresses her dress and makes her shine even more. Goldy looks from left to right, a bit nervous, and then she looks straight at me.

Her golden hair is pulled back and falls down in near curls behind her - exposing her shoulders and highlighting her cheekbones. Her ocean blue eyes are a contrast to the golden look and I really can't stop staring at her.

She's breathtaking. Gorgeous. Beautiful. Magnificent. Perfect.

And at this moment, I know I'm in deep shit.

I gulp in a breath and try loosening my tie just a little because I can't breathe while I'm looking at Goldy.

I take a step towards the girl that'll surely be my downfall, but then Lynch with his golden bloody tie steps in front of my view and tells Goldy something. My blood starts to boil.

Her date is someone from the West-side?!?!?!

"If you stare any longer, the papers will gossip about how madly in love you are," Matt says when he suddenly joins me in watching Goldy.

"I thought being the one with two kisses makes the East in the lead for Goldy, but she chose someone from the West-side. What the hell are we going to do, Matt?" I ask through gritted teeth.

"Well, I think you're stupid if you think Amber's stupid. Faking it isn't making it with that girl," Matt points out.

I let out a heavy breath and try smoothing my hair back. "I don't even know what's fake and what's real anymore," I admit to Matt.