Chapter 54, Shakespeare

A/N: PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!

Days. I had been kept in the same room for days. Maybe even weeks. And the only thing that kept me sane, was knowing Calvin is at least safe.

I would sacrifice myself a million times if it meant Calvin's safety, because in this screwed up world, that guy's been the only one keeping me grounded. Convincing me I'm maybe not damned to hell for the life I'm living.

Except for that first night here, when they threw me around for a bit and gave me other clothes, the North didn't really touch me, never mind torture me as I was expecting. In a way it was worse. To be completely deprived from human contact - something I need in great quantities, I felt more alone than ever.

I knew help wasn't coming, because it would be stupid to try and save me. But other than having food brought to me, I didn't get to see people.

Sometimes I would scream to try and see if something, anything, would happen, but nothing ever did. Either because Xavier couldn't be bothered with a low-life like me or nobody could actually hear my shouts coming from the basement.

And then, all of the sudden, I hear it.

Gun shots.

The East and West are here. I know it. I can feel it in my bones just like I can feel Calvin is close. With everything we've been through, all the times we had to defy our gangs to see each other, we've formed a bond I know I'll never have with anyone else. I can feel is life line all knotted up with mine.

"I'm coming for you, Strawberry Tallcake," I whisper because it's been his nickname for a while now.

I walk up to the stairs an peer at the door at the end of it. I've tried countless times to run that thing down, but never could I do it. Now, with my strawberry Tallcake close by, I unlock renewed strength to get this bitch down.

I walk over to the steal cot the North set up for me and pull out one of the legs off the bed. Determined to get back to my fucking boyfriend, I walk up the stairs and take a quick breath before ramming the steel leg hard against one of the hinges of the door. It moves a little - only adding fuel to my determination and I ram it down hard again. It breaks and I send a powerful kick against the door.