Chapter 39, Stakes are higher

West-side territory

West-side territory. I'm in the fucking West-side territory and I hate it.

Calvin shows Sean and me the room we're sharing, and I turn back to the West-side's second in command when we enter. That guy usually doesn't say much. Keeps to himself.

Unless, I have recently learned, he has food apparently.

"Blake would probably meet with you soon," the ginger says before walking off.

It's disturbing how much trust the West is showing us. Considering that we saved their asses, I guess it's due. Especially since my own second in command, Matt is still in Isabella. If Xavier is smart, he'd kill him. And if he's stupid, he'll try to hold Matt hostage until we save him.

I'm hoping he's stupid.

Sean says he'll shower first. I nod and use the opportunity to check the room out while he takes his sweet time. Here's no camera's - which is good. And two single beds - which is even better if I'm going to be honest. I know Sean and the guy turns into the bloody terminator when he's sleeping.

When Sean is done, I take my own time under the hot rushing water as well. I hiss when the water hits all the tiny cuts on my body, but I can feel the swelling in my face reduce, which is good when Goldy's running around somewhere. Don't want her making comments on my bruised face.

I can just picture her saying: 'Well, it's an improvement. Props to the person who tried to fix your face.'

Feeling a lot better, I step out of the shower and climb back into my old, bloodied tux. Blake didn't offer clothes and I wouldn't have accepted it in anyway.

At 4 AM, we get the call to meet Bowmen at his study.

The twins are back from dropping Jessica off, so with Sean, we walk into the large study with our heads held high. Like we're unstoppable. Not like we have a member in the clutches of yet another enemy.

"The North has shown their hand," Bowmen says when the door is closed.

Calvin is standing next to his leader and Jack stands by Liam. The latter is sitting in a chair and is trying his very best to not show how weakened he is due to the blood loss and hole in his stomach.