Chapter 44, The show

"I didn't ask to be in the middle of your ego-battle," I grumble

Blake pins me to my locker, hands resting on either side of my head. "Well, you got it in anyway, Darling," he whispers. His face is inches away from mine and damn me for licking my lips.

I am NOT falling for these guys.

And then, at the corner of my eye I spot Owen and his gang approaching.

Well, that's just great.

I make sure my words are loud enough for everyone to hear and my expressions big enough for everyone to see. At least for those who are brave enough to stare.

"Camila is watching," Blake whispers up close.

"I know," I whisper right back.

Every gang has someone placed in the school to keep an eye on things and we're pretty sure Tan Cam is the North's eyes.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Bowmen?" Owen asks when he and who's left of his gang shows up. 

At first, I kind of flinch at the words, because Owen can be scary when the occasion calls for it, but then I remember what we told each other.

This needs to seem real. The North needs to think we're more preoccupied about the rivalry than their threat. That'll lure them out to attack us and when Isabella is near to empty, we make for the mansion to save Matt.

"Fuck off, Rhodes," Blake shoots back, "I'm showing Amber other ways I can shut her up like I promised," he says and leans in closer to me. 

His words are disgusting, but his eyes are actually apologizing. Asking me to see he doesn't mean what he says.

"And I told you she's too pretty for a bastard like you," Owen growls before shoving Blake off of me.

I spot Tan Cam and the Queen Bees on the other side of the hallway and they're gasping like crazy. But she's not taking out her phone or anything, which means she isn't telling her disgusting brother, BD, or Xavier anything.