FIFTEEN

➖FIFTEEN➖

The next day, Laurent had woken up to the ringing of his phone.

Groogily and reluctantly, he sat up on the bed, searching for his phone next to him, still with his eyes closed. He knew it was morning he could already see the reddish brightness of the day through his closed lids.

Grabbing it, he answered the phone, without checking the caller.

"Hello?" He huskily spoke into the phone.

"Laurent! Hi!"

"Jane?" He looked at the caller this time and sure enough it was Jane. "Hey, how are you?" He cleared his throat.

"I'm a mother! I had my baby girl. "

"Wow, seriously? Congratulations, Jane!" Laurent said excitedly. "I so happy for you. When?"

Jane giggled. "Yesterday evening."

"Aww, Jane, I very happy for you. How the baby?"

"Oh, she's healthy as can be. She's so beautiful, Laurent. I can't believe she's mine. I'm so lucky to have her."

"Of course I can believe. You deserve beautiful babies, Jane."

"Thanks, Laurent. How's Mr Bourgeois?"

"Uh.. Fine. So, where you hospital? I going for come visit today."

"I'll text you the address, okay?"

"Yes. Merci."

"Okay, Laurent. See you soon!"

"Jane, how are you?"

Jane chuckled. "I'm fine, Laurent."

"Okay. See you soon. And I very happy for you."

"Thanks, love. See you soon."

The news of Jane's delivery was very exciting for Laurent. He was very happy for her and immediately started to get ready. He had to see Jane and her baby and wish them well.

It was past 11 when he got out of bed and started to get ready. Excluding the fact he wanted to see Jane and her new born, he was happy to be away from the house, away from Larry.

Laurent showered and got dressed. He grabbed his wallet making sure his debit card was in there. Surely he would buy gifts for her and her baby. Maybe chocolates and flowers for Jane, and something people gifted babies for her baby. He didn't know what then.

"Afternoon, Sir," Felix said, appearing from nowhere.

"Hello, Felix."

"Are you going out, Sir?"

"Yes. You know Jane, Larry assistant?"

"Yes, Sir."

"She have baby girl."

"Oh congratulations to her, Sir. Do you need me to drive you over there? Mr Bourgeois already left earlier."

So Larry wasn't around. Laurent felt himself begin to breath normally.

He nodded and smiled at Felix. "Okay. Sure. I like that."

Felix nodded and led the way.

Throughout the drive Laurent made small talks with Felix who responded freely.

"So, you wife have 3 kids?"

"Yes, Sir. We had earlier wanted 4 but our third child is practically 2-in-1."