SEVENTEEN

➖SEVENTEEN➖

"Can we talk?"

With that Larry turned around and walked off.

It took a moment for Laurent to process that Larry had just spoken to him and wanted to do more speaking even.

He was nervous, more nervous than when he had been asked to recite the American anthem during a class project. Even though he had had 2 weeks to memorize it and had in fact done all the memorizing he needed, knowing the anthem word for word, he had completely frozen in front of the class due to the nervousness.

Now, he was comparing that nervousness with this one. It felt like his heart was going to jump out through his mouth.

But still he followed Larry, into a smaller living room upstairs. The place was dimly lit, a soft yellow light filling the place.

Larry had walked over to the window and was looking through it, at his massive swimming pool. When Laurent had first seen it, he had been overwhelmed. The pool was bigger than his and his neighbor's house put together, back in France. It was large.

Laurent stood in the center of the room, not knowing what to say or do. Should he say something? Ask Larry why he called him?

Larry wasn't saying anything, he wasn't shifting from his position. He was rather standing too still, his arms crossed over his chest. The only movement was his ash cotton long sleeved shirt which the night breeze was lightly playing with in the air.

Laurent contemplated saying something. The awkwardness in the room was just as thick as Queen Latifah.

"Do we have a problem, Laurent?"

Laurent was caught off guard by the question thrown at him. How was he suppose to answer? He didn't even know what to answer.

"I non.. I non understand."

Larry let out a sigh. "What exactly don't you understand in that question?" Then he repeated. "Do we have a problem?"

If Larry was really going to maintain that question without rephrasing it then Laurent might as well throw that question back at him because Larry was the one always acting like he had a problem with Laurent.

"Eh?"

Laurent realised he hadn't yet responded. "I non know. I non think so."

Laurent saw Larry nod his head softly. "Then why do you act like we do? Why do you act like you're always running away or sneaking or just plain weird around me?"

Now Larry was beginning to confuse Laurent. Why was he acting like nothing happened 2 nights ago!? Like he had not kissed Laurent against his own will!? Or wait. Was it that-

"You non remember?" Laurent gathered all his courage as he sent that question to Larry.

This time, Larry turned around to look at Laurent. How much more beautiful could someone get? Laurent couldn't help but notice, despite the weird atmosphere.

"Remember what?" The words rolled out of his mouth smoothly.

Laurent gulped, shifting on his feet. "Uh.." He let out a shaky breathe. "The company party? You non remember anything?"