TWENTY-FIVE

➖TWENTY-FIVE➖

Larry stuck out his bottom lip. "Be there with me?"

Laurent smiled, then nodded twice. "Okay."

Exhaling, Larry shut his eyes. He looked nervous.

"You be fine, Lar."

He nodded, but didn't ease up.

Laurent placed his hands on both sides of Larry's hip. He rubbed his sides.

"Relax."

"You don't understand, Laurent. I've done everything to please these people. Everything a professional should do. Yet they keep turning me around. They let my hopes up one day, then squash it the next. I don't know what else to do," He ranted.

"Maybe you trying too hard. Maybe you should take it easy," Laurent said.

Larry shook his head, stubbornly. "This is business, Laurent. There is nothing like trying to hard."

Laurent sighed. "I non know. Maybe you right, but I want you for know your proposal is amazing. The best. And these people have for see it."

"What if they don't see it?"

"Then they need for see a optometrist."

Larry stared at him weirdly, then laughed. "You're something."

Laurent chuckled. "Please relax."

Larry nodded, placing his hands on Laurent's shoulder. His eyes fixed on the silver necklace around Laurent's neck. Soon, he was laying his head on Laurent's chest.

"Hold me for a minute."

Laurent didn't hesitate. He put his hand around Larry's bother, hugging him to himself.

Larry looked vulnerable. He seemed much younger than 29. Much younger than Laurent who was the same age.

Laurent understood that for so long, Larry had had to be strong both on the outside and inside. He had to hide his feelings, his fears and discomfort. He had to pretend he was stone cold. That he didn't need anyone.

That was why Laurent understood that he needed comforting the most. And he was willing to be there to offer comfort to Larry. To be the shoulder he could lean on, no matter the time of the day.

"I like it here, with you. I don't want to go for the conference," Larry confessed. "Everything is so easy and perfect with you, Lau. I don't even have to try. I wish I can be in this world, this very moment forever."

Laurent's throat went dry.

"But it's not that easy, right? I mean life. It can't be that easy. God, it would be too easy."

Laurent wanted to ask why. He was there standing right in front of Larry. Larry didn't have to wish, he just had to say. Laurent knew he wouldn't hesitate to do whatever with Larry.

If Larry wanted to forget everything and live in a world of just the two of them he would readily and willingly oblige.

It wasn't that hard.