THIRTY

BettyNewkirk sorry for keeping you waiting for so long, hun. I hope you enjoy this chapter even if it's not one of my personal favs 😵💚 anyways, here you go.

Also, VOTE and COMMENT, my dudes!!! 😵😳💚💚

➖THIRTY➖

"Is Larry non back yet?" Laurent questioned, stepping down unto the stairs landing. Felix had some files held up in his hands which he was taking upstairs.

"Not yet."

Laurent chewed his lower lip in thought, eyes drifting away from the suited butler.

"Is everything alright, Sir?" Felix asked, noticing Laurent's look of discomfort.

He shrugged his shoulders in dismissal. "Non. Go on." He climbed down the last flight of stairs, fetching his phone.

When his legs touched the polished wood of the floor, he was already calling Larry, his phone held against his ear. He listened for Larry's voice as the phone rang. Disappointed, the dialing tone sounded and he brought the phone away.

His head spiraled with the million reasons why Larry wasn't picking up. He was with Francis, what else could be the cause? Laurent let out an unamused scoff, shaking his head. He fingered through his afro tiredly and felt exasperation eat him from inside. He didn't know what to do. He was too pissed at Larry to think of him but his thoughts revolved around the man and it made him angrier that Larry was all he could think of when he knew he was the farthest thing from Larry's mind.

He ended the call before it even connected the second time and shoved his phone in his pockets. He was just being a fool. Larry didn't love him. He was just there, open for Larry to take advantage of. There were no strings attached for Larry, that was why he never told Laurent he loved him back even after Laurent had said it twice.

The problem was with Laurent, he knew it. When he loved, he loved too much. There were people who didn't deserve that much love, those who deserve just the amount of love and attention that they gave out. They were people like Larry who were always reserved and introverted with their feelings.

Sighing, Laurent flopped on the couch and relaxed into it. He shut his eyes and almost instantly felt regretful. He should never have fallen in love with Larry. But how was he to have controlled it? It was too damn easy to fall in love with the man. He was handsome, ambitious, strong yet so fragile. He was undoubtedly mature yet so childish when he had to be. Larry needed loving, Laurent knew it, so he offered it whether he wanted to or not. But he too needed loving, but how does he attract love from the one that he loved?

Laurent was slowly drifting to sleep when his phone ringing jolted him back to reality. He snatched the phone where it was laying next to him, hoping to see Larry's caller ID when he saw it. He answered it and brought it to his ear.

"Oui?"

"Oh, I like it when you speak French, Laurent."

"Huh?" Laurent brought his phone from his ear and looked at the caller ID. "Oh, Angela. I mean, hi."

The lady chuckled lightly over the phone. "Hi, Laurent. Where are you?"

"Uh.." Laurent rubbed his forehead and leaned back into the couch, almost in disappointment. He gave a weak smile. Of course, it wouldn't be Larry who was calling. He was probably too busy with Francis to even remember someone like him existed.