4. It's only Political

👑

The guards that escorted Cormac and Iker pushed the oak doors to the Laqum castle. The sight still amazes the prince each time he visits. The door stood at least thirty feet tall, carved with flowers and grape vines. Iker stared in amusement, watching the guards push the doors as if it was nothing. Expectation of the strength of Laqum's soldiers should be as high as their ability to swing a sword or even higher.

The guards held the doors as the prince and his servant entered. Iker fiddled with the hem of his shirt. It was the first time he's been outside the Kingdom of Seridina. He was beyond nervous and in fear of his life. Iker was standing on the grounds of the strongest military force. With the snap of a Royal fingers, his life would end in a flash. A line of guards stood on both sides as a red carpet flowed all the way in like a red sea.

The guards were dressed in their uniforms, swords resting on their waist, prepared to attack at any given moment. Flags hung all around the exterior. The Laqum crest imprinted on them. A sword acting as a downward cross as a fist for strength and a eagle stood on both sides, the sword acting as separation. The interior was designed with the famous silver and gold of the Laqum Kingdom.

Ximera's servant, Etta greeted them with a bow, "Welcome, Prince Cormac." she looked up and met eyes with the prince, giving Iker a nod. 

"Where's Ximera?" Prince Cormac asked, his eyes darting over the castle in search of his fiance.

"She's practicing her archery at the moment. She'll be with you in a moment." Etta informed the prince.

"I'll join her," Cormac spoke, pushing Iker in front of him. The startled boy mustered a smile towards Etta which she returned. "Take care of Iker while I'm gone."

Etta nodded, "I'll ensure his safety, Prince Cormac."

Iker opened and closed his mouth like a fish. Wanting to call back the Prince before he left him with Etta. Iker thought he couldn't get any more nervous than he already was. Left in unfamiliar territory and the one person he knew was out of sight. Etta gestured for Iker to follow her, much like he did when a guest arrived at the Seridian castle. It was odd to receive such treatment. To think he was someone of importance. Iker was just a lowly servant, a boy who grew up in the Garrett District.

Iker took a deep breath, buffed his chest with pride. The prince allowed him such an opportunity, despite this being a punishment, knowing how uncomfortable it was for Iker to be under such circumstances, If the prince ordered it, he shall push through with confidence and maintain his loyalty to the man he would call King one day.

Iker's shoulders relaxed as he followed Etta deeper into the castle. It wasn't as large as the one back in Seridina. The walls had impressive designs, the golds and silvers adding a magnificent touch. Pictures of past and present kings and queens along with prince and princesses littered the walls. 

Iker noticed how the people of Laqum was of a dark tone, each of different shades. Their hair were kinky and flowed to different lengths. Iker's heartbeat sped up as each passing person was more beautiful than he could imagine. An impressive skill laden country with women of beauty. Iker was astonished.

There was no hostility towards him. Each giving him a genuine smile when he passed. Etta came upon a room, opening the doors to allow Iker to enter. The room was twice the size of the one back at the castle in the servants quarters.

"If there's anything you need don't hesitate to ask." Etta said.  Her kind brown eyes making Iker flutter on the insides. He seemed at a lost for words as he nodded.

"Etta, there's a problem." a girl ran up to Etta, her voice filled with panic. Her hair was decorated with flowers as she wore a similar attire to Etta. "We don't have enough people to finish the flower crowns." she continued on before Etta could speak.