40. Phoenix

⌛️
Epilogue

"You're here again." Iker said as the doors to the book house opened. He was helping Rebel with organizing.

"Is it wrong for me to visit. I have my reasons it's not like I'm doing anything bad." Rhys said, closing the door behind him. Iker made sure to trap himself between piles of book and the shelves, knowing Rhys would eventually invade his personal space.

"You come here every week Rhys, I'm sure you have better things to do back in Arilikook." Iker said, adding two more books to the shelve.

"My brother can take care of that. I'll continue to visit until you decide for me to take your hand."

Iker sighed, "It's been five years Rhys, your persistency is annoying." Iker tried his hardest to sound disapproving.

Iker heard the nearing on his footsteps, his presence looming just behind him. "My persistency has led to progress. You've stopped calling me Prince Rhys and just Rhys. Why would I give up now."

Iker turned to face him, oddly enough recalling the kiss they shared all those years ago. Rhys had not made any intimate move since then. Even Phoenix said it was odd, that he must really like Iker. Rhys had hug him, caressed his cheeks and taunt Iker in anyway possible. It wasn't that Iker hated it, he just winders if Rhys never gets tired. Its been years after all.

"You should give up, I'll only get more complicated." Iker spoke, frowning a bit.

"I don't mind." Rhys whispered near Iker's ears. He had leaned over a bit over the pile of books.

"Could you lovers take it outside or at home!" Rebel shouted from across the room.

Iker blushed, "We aren't lovers."

"You heard her, let's go somewhere else." Iker could only sigh as Rhys pulled him out of the book store. He would likely take Iker someplace to have lunch and talk.

Rebel smiled happily at the two. It was hard for her after Rocco had died. It was hard for all of them and Rebel managed. Poppy and Mae where currently at Fartonia, learning along side Vera. Rebel always said there was no need to learn any form of sword play since peace was amongst all of them. Poppy and Mae still insisted, unsure of what could happen. Rebel knew that what had happened five years ago had been burnt into their mind and fueled something that had them wanting to become stronger.

Siobhan had gotten close to Arabella, visiting Laqum along with Emil and Emilia. Rebel was sure at this point that they were together. She was happy for Siobhan. Area fifteen was demolished and Garrett District was extended and renewed. There was no more discrimination and division of class. The districts still had their names but a lot had changed.

It was all thanks to Phoenix and Cormac. They had fulfilled their goals and made a place where everyone could live freely. The book house became the only place that still had ties to where Phoenix spent all his days. The memories were still there and that was enough. Rebel had decided on running it, somehow it brings her peace.

--

"You have to wait until we are inside." Phoenix said to Cormac, pressing a hand to his lips to block another kiss.

Cormac pouted, placing his kisses along along Phoenix neck. Phoenix fumbled with the knob to their bedroom. A lot had happened in the past five years. They were married, Phoenix decided on staying in the Relufian castle along with the others. Phoenix had stayed in the background, having little to no appearance as Cormac ruled the Kingdom. He decided that he was more fit for such a thing than he was. All in all everyone was happy beside Rhett. It was his small price to pay.

Cormac had world things out with Zelda. They used each passing day to refill the past years that they had missed out. Zelda growing to know her son.

Phoenix remembered Iker having a conversation with Commander Amir. "Why?" Iker had simply asked, it was enough for Amir to understand. Iker was visibly hurt as he considered Amir like a father to him.

"His orders were absolute."

In his view it was, but for Iker it wasn't. "It isn't." Iker responded in a low voice. "You could've refused him."

"I'm sorry." Was all Amir had said. Phoenix knew not if they had worked things out. It only transpired a few weeks ago after so long. Amir would visit Rhett and give him his daily meals. He knew what he had done was wrong, but he still had pity for the man.

Phoenix stumbled into the room, Cormac running his hand under Phoenix's shirt. He collapsed onto the bed, Cormac pressed between his legs. They could feel the rising heat on both ends. Their first time was clumsy, Phoenix would admit that. He enjoyed it well enough, to be able to be wrapped in Cormac's arms as he devoured him. From then on it was ecstatic, beyond words. Within minutes they were bare and ready. Luckily, everyone was out leaving Stella and Nevaeh along with Luna who they considered their daughter. They had all the time to dwell in each other.

"I don't think I could be anymore happy." Phoenix said against Cormac lips. He arched his back at the sudden entrance of Cormac. Cormac could feel Phoenix tightening around him, arousing him even more. He watched as Phoenix bit his lower lips seductively, trying to suppress the moans that wanted to escape.

"I've never been this happy before either." Cormac said before thrusting into Phoenix. He couldn't suppress his moans anymore as Phoenix allowed them to fill the room. "I love you so much."

Through all the love making Phoenix managed to slip in a I love you too. Just like a Phoenix he was able to rise from the ashes and be reborn through all that had happened. Emory had indeed selected the best name for his son.