12. Dance

🌈

There's something that has been bothering Siobhan about Phoenix. It was that Phoenix knew a lot about them but they knew little of him. She knew he grew up in Area Fifteen, that he considered himself a helper, even the saviour of this wretched place. Siobhan didn't know his story and that dawned on her when she asked about the pendant.

Phoenix said it belonged to his late mother and father. The golden wings weren't unfamiliar to anyone. Everyone whose apart of the Kingdom of Seridina was sure to see the golden wings hanging in the left hand corner on the flag. Siobhan doubt anyone knew about it except the Royals. Why would Phoenix have such a thing? Something so important and not know what it means. Siobhan has only seen it on the flag until she met Phoenix. 

Siobhan decided to ask the one person who would know. Stella had grown Phoenix. She knew his parents and that's how she knew Phoenix. Siobhan was on her way to meet Stella, she had left the house to Rocco and Rebel. Phoenix had wondered off to the book house, even when Siobhan kept telling him to rest his leg. He's as stubborn as always.

The sick house was in view, Siobhan lifted the curtains and entered. The first person she saw was Nevaeh, Stella's wife. She looked up and smiled dearly at Siobhan. "What do we owe this visit?" She said. "Is something wrong?."

"No," Siobhan shook her head, "Everything's fine." she reached up and rubbed her belly.

"Is Phoenix with you?" Nevaeh asked, looking over Siobhan's shoulder.

"He's at the book house." She informed her. "I'm here to speak with Stella, is she here?"

Nevaeh nodded, her thumb jutting to the other room. "She's attending to the baby Phoenix bought a while back. I'm sure she won't mind seeing you."

Siobhan thanked her, receiving a hug from Nevaeh before she made way to the other room. Nevaeh was a nice soul, she was loving and motherly. Siobhan lifted the curtains to see Stella with the baby, small cries filled the room. Stella looked up and gave her an apologetic look.

Siobhan sat beside her, "May I?" She asked, outstretching her arms to take the baby. Stella was grateful, she's been trying to get the baby to calm down.

The moment Siobhan took the baby, she calmed downed. Stella laughed to herself, "Phoenix was always the quiet one when he was a baby. Now, he's all talks."

Siobhan laughed, pressing a kiss to the baby's forehead. "Is everything okay?" Stella asked as she stood and stretched her limbs.

Siobhan nodded, "I'm doing great."

"You should prepare to pop at any moment." Stella said. Siobhan knew the day would come. As the days drew near she becomes even less prepared. "Has that son of mine run off again?"

Siobhan repeated what she said Nevaeh. "I need to ask you about something." Siobhan spoke. Stella turned to look at her, giving Siobhan her full attention. "You've raised Phoenix since he was a baby. You knew his parents, who were they and that pendant he wears, what is it for?"

Stella had to sit down, she wasn't expecting Siobhan to ask such questions. "What bought about such questions?"

"Phoenix knows a lot about us and we don't know anything about him. I only know that he grew up here and only recently he said the pendant was from his parents. I'm sure you know those golden wings are apart of the Seridinas crest."