13. Burn

👑

Something has been bothering Iker. Ever since that night that was burnt so deeply in his mind. He was so blinded by his fears that he forgot what he saw when the King took him to the underground chamber. Iker didn't want to bring about such memories.

It haunted him like nightmares, leaving him drowning in his own sweat every night since. Muffling his screams so he won't wake Dash, or anyone else in the servants quarters. Only to cry himself back to sleep. In the midst of the darkness that was only lit by a torch.

Iker knew he saw someone. He couldn't make their face out or tell whether they were alive or not. Iker had been wondering why that person was there. Why the king had him locked up down there. The man must've done something to upset the king to a degree that he had to lock him up in that secret room of his. Iker may have seen the way to get down there, but going and getting answers from that person wouldn't be so easy.

Iker wasn't even sure if he was still alive. The King was always in his chambers, making it even more difficult. Moreover, he fears King Rhett and what he can do. Iker didn't know much, he only knew what lies in Area fifteen. The same thing could be said about the Prince.

Iker once thought he knew a lot. When those secrets come to light he knew little. Iker was sure the Prince didn't know of the fifteens being sold, that was something he has yet to find out and the only thing Iker also knew.

He was seeking answers and so was the Prince. He could understand Prince Cormac's curiosity. He's to be the future king and didn't even know what secrets the Iron Fortress hold. Iker knew nothing and the Prince was seeking the answers to the nothingness he knew. Iker could only hope they didn't stumble upon something that was meant to be left buried.

Whether it be, a person locked in a cell or why Area fifteen was there in the first place. If it was to seek change in something worth changing or to find which secrets is behind the mask of the king. King Rhett was ruthless. Wondering into his territories unarmed and not knowing what to expect. Iker's life was in danger and the protective walls he built around his son had started crumbling. What would he do if he found out?.

"What are you doing Prince Cormac?" Iker asked, looking at the prince who was suppose to be getting ready for his bath.

Prince Cormac had just returned from his visit to Area fifteen. His cheeriness radiating around the room. "Dancing." The prince said simply, taking a stance as he imagined himself on the ballroom floor. He imagined himself dancing with Phoenix in his arms.

"You haven't danced in ages, your highness." Iker reminded him. The Kingdom rarely had balls and the last he saw Prince Cormac dance was in his younger years.

Prince Cormac couldn't help but smile. His eyes closed as he relived the moment in the book house. The space was small, books scattered everywhere. The scenery was different from the usual impressive lighting, polished floors that you could see your reflection in. The finest of garments being wore as the best of Seridinas meals were being eaten.

It was as if he could feel Phoenix in his arms. His hand rested on his waist, his long hair that would tickle his hand so often. Reasons unknown, it sparked about a level of excitement in the Prince. Or was it because he hadn't danced in ages. Phoenix was clumsy, stepping on Cormac's feet so often.

He was rough around the edges but no doubt a handsome man. His aura was that of strength, love and determination. A kindred soul that wouldn't get lost in the darkness. Cormac was fascinated by him the first time they met. Phoenix was like a King this kingdom needed, not someone as cold as a winter day like his father.

Prince Cormac rather enjoyed himself, even for a short while. He couldn't wait to return and see Phoenix. The Prince shouldn't forget his main goal. Perhaps he should ask Phoenix if he knew anything. The boy was already skeptic of him, he couldn't raise any suspicion or worst yet have him find out he's the Prince.