24. Ring the Bells! It's a Festival {2}

👑

Prince Cormac was taken back by Princess Vera words. She retreated and smiled at the boy as if nothing had happened. Princess Ximera watched the odd exchange, taking up the chance to clear the silence that was building up. "Who might this be?" She asked, looking towards Iker.

Cormac pulled the boy forward, placing a hand on his shoulder, giving him an assuring squeeze. "This is my friend Iker. I hope you don't mind him coming along." Iker looked up at Cormac then back at Princess Ximera, there was no need to deny it anymore.

Princess Ximera eyed the boy, making him even more nervous. "You're that boy Etta mentioned that helped out with making the flower crowns for the People's Festival." Iker gave a small nod. "You have my deepest thanks. You helped us quite a lot."

"I don't deserve such praises." Iker said, his voice shaking like a leaf in the wind. "I was happy to have helped. Doing that reminded me of the times I spent with my mother."

Ximera nodded, "I have to agree. That Festival is the biggest reminder of my mother to this Kingdom. I'll carry on her work." She finished proudly.

Prince Cormac looked towards Princess Vera. A drink sat idly in her hand as she looked around at the Festival. "If you don't mind me asking Princess Vera," Cormac said, gaining the woman's attention. "Is the King with you?" It would do Cormac the honor of meeting him.

She shook her head, "My King is very busy. I'm here because of Princess Arabella's request." She looked towards Arabella then back at Cormac. "Would you like to speak with the King? I could relay a message when I get back." She offered. Prince Cormac shook his head.

They chatted for a bit more. Prince Cormac learning that Princess Arabella was taking swords lesson from the fiercest woman in all the lands. They both found it to be amazing. Princess Arabella testing her skills by sparing with Prince Cormac with wooden swords. They excused themselves from the Festival for a little while.

The Prince was surprised by Princess Arabella skills. The women of Fartonia were highly skilled, no wonder Princess Arabella wanted to train there. A few more laughs and wondering around the Festival, eating the food that was offered. They all removed the titles of Prince and Princesses as they enjoyed the fun.

Cormac could only do so when he was in Area fifteen with the person he loved. As he watched the people dance, unable to contain himself from dancing too. Ximera flowed with the music along with Arabella. Vera had paint applied to her face, fitting for a warrior. Iker chatted with Etta who had joined them earlier, showing him a few movements.

Cormac thought why couldn't Seridina be like Laqum. Loving amongst their people, having festivals and enjoying life. Instead they were drowning in hatred for each other. He looked towards Ximera who had joined the performers, people clapping along with the beat of drums. They sang loud, sending praise towards Ximera.

Cormac didn't forget he had to talk with her. He'll have to tell Phoenix the truth when he gets home. It frightened him knowing that Phoenix will leave his side when he knew the truth. Lying was his biggest mistake, but he didn't knew he would fall in love. He thought Cormac the true meaning of love. Something he never once received in the castle.

He wanted Phoenix to spread that love alongside him within the Kingdom. The people had long forgotten such a word and its meaning. They need to be reminded of who they truly are, not who the King wanted them to be. As he looked around the Festival grounds, a future queen that was already making her people happy. Cormac needed to make his own people happy again.

Ximera lifted the end of her dress and bowed. Her chest rising and fallen from the sudden adrenaline. A smile remained on her lips as she tried catching her breath. Cheers and applause filled the air. Etta handed her some water as she made way back to them. Arabella squeezed the remaining life out of Ximera and showering her in praises.