36. The Art of Escape

🖤

Rhys and Iker were heading to rescue Cormac as early as possible. The day held important things that had to be done, and Cormac had to be there. Iker prayed that nothing had happened to Cormac and couldn't help but also think how he would react to the news. He along with Phoenix was beyond shock, Phoenix more so than Iker. Iker was sure that Phoenix had yet to fully accept that he was royalty and held so much authority.

No one, not even Iker had saw that coming. Prince Rhys walked closely alongside Iker, he was oddly quiet. "A-About what you said yesterday," Iker sparked up a conversation. "What are you going to do?"

Rhys looked at Iker as if he didn't hold the answers to the question Iker had asked. He tousled Iker's hair as if he was a child, "What do you think I should do?"

Iker kept silent, he knew very little of Prince Rhys and him involving himself in something that didn't involve him was something beyond Iker's understanding. "I don't know," he responded truthfully. "I don't even know what you meant or why you said that. It has nothing to do with you."

Rhys fell offended by Iker's words, "I think you should come back to Arilikook with me."

Iker frowned, huffing from irritation. Prince Rhys was avoiding his question and giving Iker a question that he had answered before. He had no reason for leaving and how would going to Arilikook benefit him. "You're not very liked are you?" Iker's mind caught up with his words. "I'm sorry." He muttered.

Rhys only laughed, inching closer to Iker, "All the more reason you should come to Arilikook with me. That way you can learn to come to like me, even love me."

Iker blushed yet again because of Rhys. "Don't say things like that." Iker wanted to divert the conversation, remembering how Phoenix had called him Axton. "How did you and Phoenix meet?"

Rhys thought for a second, he knew the answer off the tip of his tongue but thought he would pretend for a bit. "We met while I was looking for him, I went under the name of Axton." Iker had got that much from what Queen Zelda had said. "We had a deal, and that deal was a little intimate."

Iker didn't think he could be anymore surprised at this point. To think Phoenix and Prince Rhys had such a relationship. Did Cormac know of it? "No need to fret, that's all over and I'm currently in pursue of someone else." he sent a wink Iker's way.

Lucky they arrive at the castle, Iker silently thanking that he didn't have to suffer through where the conversation was going. Rhys decided on taking the front door while Iker went through the servant quarters. King Rhett was a sharp man, not sharp enough though. Iker didn't want the two to enter and cause any suspicion. Rhys decided on doing the distraction as Iker went and find Cormac.

King Rhett was surprised when he heard word of the Prince of Arilikook sudden arrival. The first thing he thought was that Zelda had sent him. It had to do with his recent scheme, Zelda had always been against his wishes. Prince Rhys interrupted King Rhett's breakfast, standing before the most despicable man in all the lands. Rhett wiped his lips, looking mischievously at Rhys.

"My apologies for the sudden visit," Rhys spoke, not fond in the least of talking with the man. He was doing it for one reason, for that he had to pull through. "I couldn't leave without meeting such a King."

"Please, no need for formalities, did that wife of mine sent you?" He glared up at Rhys, wanting for him not to beat around the bush.

Prince Rhys took a seat, seeing that King Rhett wasn't going to offer him a seat. "It was more of my brother, King Ezekiel that sent me." Rhys wanted to draw along the conversation, giving Iker as much time as he could. "Don't you think it's time we sign some treaties?"