38. The missing Pieces

🖤

It didn't take Phoenix long before he ran into the others arm, almost pushing him to the ground. He nuzzled his face into Cormac's chest, ignoring the mixture of dirt and grime. Phoenix just wanted to be in his embrace. Cormac didn't hesitate to snake his arm around Phoenix, pressing a kiss to his head. He had arrived not long ago, his first task was to find Phoenix.

"I'm so sorry Phoenix." Cormac apologized for everything that's happened in his absence, for not being there.

"I can't tell you how happy I am right now." Phoenix responded, his tears soaking the material of Cormac's clothes. It was his first ounce of happiness after everything that's happened, he just wanted to bask in it.

The two entered Phoenix's room, wiping his tears as he stayed close to Cormac, thinking the boy would disappear if he looked away or went too far. "Iker told me what happened," Cormac spoke as he pressed his back against the door, feeling both anger towards his father and himself. "About Area fifteen and Rocco. I can't believe he did that." Cormac chewed on his bottom lip.

Phoenix cupped his cheeks, looking reassuringly in Cormac's eyes. "I hate what had happened just as much as you do. Rocco died along with many others," his attempt at being strong was futile as a tear ran down his cheeks which Cormac wiped away, he couldn't bare to see Phoenix crying. "Now, we can both make it right. I've already completed the ceremony and now I can make things better." Phoenix wanted to think it was as simple as that.

Cormac looked at him confusingly, he had yet to known why they were in Aperia, why Phoenix was here. By the look on Cormac's face, Phoenix knew Iker hadn't let him in on that part. It was better for him to tell him, rather than hearing it from someone else. "I don't think there's a simpler way of telling you than I'm the next and only heir to the Fian Empire," Cormac pulled Phoenix's hand from his cheeks, holding them low in his, shock and confusion written on his face.

"Fian Empire?" Cormac said, pulling them over to the bed and taking a seat. "I don't even know why we're in Aperia and what's this about a Fian Empire, I've never heard of it."

Phoenix himself haven't heard of it. He hadn't heard of the other kingdoms until Princess Arabella had told him about it. The book house held a lot of books, but nothing on the history of Seridina or the other Kingdoms. Phoenix took a deep breath, leaning into Cormac's shoulder. "This pendant," he took the thing in his hand. "My father gave it to me, his name is Emory C. Relufian," Cormac recalled the name that Iker had once asked him about, leaving all his questions to for the end. "And he was the Prince of Fian," Phoenix explained everything, what Stella had told him and his grandfather. That the kingdom we knew as Seridina was actually something bigger called Fian. That his grandfather was dying and he had to take over. How Prince Rhys was looking for him all this time. 

"I'm sorry about that," Phoenix said, referring to what happens between him and Axton, or rather Prince Rhys. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

Cormac ran his hand up and down Phoenix's arm, jealous eating him alive. "I should apologize too about not telling you about Ximera. It was for the sake of our father and nothing else. I won't deny that I'm still burning with jealousy."

Phoenix chuckled, "You have me all to yourself now, there's no need to feel jealous. You own my heart, body and soul now." Cormac blushed deeply.

"I know, I just can't help it." Cormac admitted. "You've explained everything, this meeting will put an end to everything?" Phoenix nodded. "Aperia, have you met the ruler?"

"I have."

"Who is it? Iker refused to tell me and I've yet to have an official meeting with them."