20. Beginning

👑

Princess Vera sheathed her sword, looking at Princess Arabella before her. The younger girl was huffing for breath after their usual spar. Princess Vera was surprised at first that the Princess of Laqum wanted to visit the Kingdom of Fartonia for training. The Laqum Kingdom was known throughout the lands as the strongest.

She knew not if they allowed the women of their country to engage in such activities. She concluded that they weren't since Princess Arabella was here. Princess Vera was the ruler of the Kingdom of Fartonia, a smaller kingdom under the rule of King Ezekiel. It was a kingdom of women who wanted to drift away from the norms the main Kingdom had to offer. 

Vera had fought long and hard to build such a kingdom. To depict the strength of the women of Arilikook. They were not to be subdued to being housewives. They were just has strong as the men who fought for the Kingdom.

King Ezekiel was smitten by the woman. Granting her favour in allowing her to fight alongside with the men of the army. It resulted in disagreement amongst the soldiers. Princess Vera was of no royalty. The king granted her the title after the bravery she had shown. Giving her a small part of his kingdom that would be directly under the rule of the King himself.  

Fartonia became a kingdom which allowed women to engage in military combat, politics and the likes. It's a small kingdom compared to Arilikook. As small as they were, they had year out prove their strength by throwing the soldiers of Arilikook off their feet with their strengths.

The King had since then wanted her hand in marriage. Saying he's been seeking a Queen with such a fighting spirit. King Ezekiel cared for his Kingdom. Telling his people that he will not force them to accept such change but one day they will welcome such change. He wasn't a man to rule by force, but he was a man who would not tolerate any hateful or violence against such things.

Princess Arabella took a seat on the ground, placing her sword to the side as she steadied her breath. "You're as strong as always Princess Vera." Arabella complimented.

Princess Vera was kind enough to receive such praises. "With years worth of continuous training I'm sure you'll even surpass my abilities."

Princess Arabella laughed, "I'm not sure about that. I'm barely able to keep up with the training now." 

Vera sat beside Arabella, thinking she should grab a hold of any information she could. "May I ask why you're training to use a sword here in Fartonia. Your Kingdom has greater skills than ours."

Princess Arabella met eyes with Vera, strands of hair sticking to her face due to sweat. A hard days work to show. "Laqum is indeed a strong Kingdom. There aren't many women who desire to learn how to use a sword. Princess Ximera has been practicing her archery from a young age. I thought I should harness a skill of my own." She answered. "I wanted to learn along side women of Fartonia." 

Princess Vera knitted her brows. "Why not practice alongside Princess Ximera. You could've both harness your skills from the same teacher."

Princess Arabella shook her head. "Princess Ximera learnt from her mother, the Queen. My father had passed before I knew that I wanted to master a sword. I was only three then."

"Do you and Princess Ximera not share the same parents?"

"No," Princess Arabella informed her. "My father who was the next king to the throne passed almost twenty years ago. Princess Ximera's father, my uncle, was the one to ascend the throne."

Princess Vera was shocked to hear such news. "May I ask the name of your father? And if I may, how he passed?"

The memories were painful for Princess Arabella. "My father's name is Malachi. He died due to an accident with the carriage on his way home from the Kingdom of Seridina. They never found his body." the princess stood, walking over to a bedding of white roses. "Is it okay if I bring a few of these home. I promised someone I would get them as a gift."

👑

King Waylon wrapped his arms around his husband King Enzo. The man was sitting around a desk of papers as he have been over the last month.

King Enzo tried to ignore the warm embrace of his husband. He needed to get his work done. King Waylon peppered the other man with kisses, not giving up until Enzo gave him the full attention he desired.

King Enzo sighed, standing to face King Waylon. "I can't understand how you can remain calm in such situations." he said.

King Waylon pulled the man close, staring into his blue orbs. "There's no need to worry. This war will not happen."

King Enzo was not the least bit surprised that his husband would brush aside the word war as if it was a dust in the corner of the room. Since the day they joined hand in marriage, joining both the Kingdom of Ruel and the Kingdom of Ipera. It was now known as the Kingdom of Peruel.

The Kingdom of Seridina has wagered war against them. They had both wondered what could've bought about such a turn of events. The Queen of Aperia had sent them a letter after she got news about what King Rhett was doing. She had explained to them the cause of such unfortunate act. Telling them that they should not fear, she would stop the war before it begins.   

King Enzo had wanted to believe her words. With each passing days and the lack of no good news. He had best start preparing the army. "If we hadn't wed that day, none of this would have happened." he spoke.

King Waylon pressed a finger to his lover lips."Don't say such words. Our love didn't bring about such misfortune. You've captured my heart and I don't regret a moment of it. Be patience my King, the Aperian Queen shall help us along with the Arilikook empire."

👑

King Maverick was deep in thought when Princess Ximera entered his chambers. A book belonging to his brother laid before him as it did all those years ago when he found it.

A large structure like the one standing in Seridina was drawn on the tattered pages. His brother was skilled with his hands, a man that could create the most beautiful of structures. The designs within the castle was some of his work.

It was no surprise that his brother would create such a thing. The real question was why, why was he creating such a thing? The question had been haunting King Maverick for years. King Rhett spoke not of what was inside. The thing was like a secret out in the open, though no one could reveal what it was.

"The Moonlight festival is amongst us father." Princess Ximera said, pulling King Maverick from his thoughts. "Shall I continue to seek the answers you need?"

Maverick nodded, "I need to know what my brother was building. His passing is still a mystery to me. I need to know what King Rhett hides within that Fortress. Did you invite the Prince to the festival?"

Princess Ximera nodded, "He knew nothing of what lies inside. We can only hope he has the information we desire on his next visit."

👑