11. Good and Bad

👑

Commander Amir was going to give his report to King Rhett before his sword training with Prince Cormac. The man was of a tall built, years worth of protecting the kingdom was shown in his built. His strength was admirable amongst the guard. Even with his low cut salt and pepper hair showing his age was in full swoon. The man stood tall as if he was still twenty years younger.

Commander Amir was said to be on par with that of a Laqum soldier. The Commander walked with his held held high, his chest buff with pride. He had bad news for the king and that didn't let him falter in the least. He gave a three knock on the door to the King's quarters. Three knocks signalled it was no one other than the Commander himself.

King Rhett allowed him entrance, knowing the knock was no other than the Commander. Amir bowed before his king, his hand rested over the Seridinas crest that decorated his left chest. "I've come to make my report, your Highness." Commander Amir said.

King Rhett casually laid back in his chair, his crown sitting in glory and power atop his head. A smile took place on his lips, welcoming the good news that was the endless suffering of the fifteens. "You may proceed." King Rhett ordered.

Commander Amir looked to his sword as his hand remained on the crest. The Commander was a prideful man when it came to his work. Allowing a fifteen to slip through by his guards was nothing sort of a shameful act. "A fifteen was outside the Iron Fortress."

King Rhett frowned, his glare hard enough to pierce the armor the Commander wore. "A fifteen escape?" the King said, unable to believe such words. He furiously stood to his feet, his angry a blazing flame that could burn the castle to the ground.

"Yes," Commander Amir responded, the rage of the King like a dragon breathing fire. "He seemed to be returning to Area fifteen, bringing along a sack with him."

"Returning," King Rhett repeated, such foolish words leaving the Commander's mouth was a disgrace. "Did you catch him?" The King asked, thinking to get at least some good news.

"No, he escaped." Commander Amir said simply. "We managed to injure him but he got away." he added, noting to the king that his men didn't let him go so easily.

"Do you know who he is?" King Rhett asked, wanting to know the face behind the person who was the first to escape Area fifteen and return uncaught. A person worthy to receive the wrath of the King.

"My men didn't see his face, he was quick to escape, my lord." Commander Amir could never tell the King of his guards drinking on duty. "I've already devised a new strategy and tightening any loose gap there is."

King Rhett shook his head. "No, let things remain as they are." Commander Amir was shocked by the Kings words but nodded in agreement. "Don't change your formation."

King Rhett dismissed the Commander, scattering everything that laid on his table to the ground. He looked towards the Seridian flag that covered the brick wall, glaring as if it could reach the man below. "Did he leave an opening?" he wondered.

Commander Amir was impressed by Prince Cormac's sword play today. He was much quicker, stronger and thought about ever possible movements to hit the enemy. The prince had done in four blows to the Commander. Two more than he did on a regular day. If he was lucky he would get in three.

The Prince had put the Commander on the defense, their swords clashing as Iker watched at the side. Even he was amazed by the prince fighting spirit today. Commander Amir smirked, moving his hands quickly as he turned the tide. With a few strikes and movements forward, the prince was faced with a sword pointing to his throat. His Adam apple bobbed as he swallowed hard.