9. A Prince Choice

👑

"Princess Vera request an audience with you my lord." the messenger boy said, kneeling before the King of Arilikook.

The King glanced his way, already welcoming Princess Vera. "I'll allow." he said. The messenger scurried to his feet, dashing out the door to fetch the Princess of Fartonia.

The doors to his chambers opened minutes later. Princess Vera walked in with much pride, her body clad in her usual light armor as expected of the fierce leader of the Kingdom Fartonia. Her golden hair flowed to her waist, a sword the king had specially forged for her never left her hips. King Ezekiel grinned at the sight of Vera as she bowed before him, her strength as admirable as always.

"What do I owe this visit?" King Ezekiel spoke, gesturing for Princess Vera to rise. "Do you bear me good news and your hand in marriage."

Princess Vera watched the stupid grin played on her King's lips. "My King, could you please refrain from asking me such a question."

The King frowned, rejected yet another day. "Don't think I've given up my lovely Vera." he informed her. "What news have you bought, has Princess Arabella said anything?"

Princess Vera shook her head, "Nothing my lord, it appears she knows nothing of the sudden marriage with the Prince of Seridina."

King Ezekiel plucked the petals of the white rose he had rested to the side before. "Any word from my brother?"

"Nothing my lord, the information Prince Rhys provided has remained the same."

The King pricked his finger on a thorn, his blood falling to the floor. "I hope that stupid brother of mine doesn't get carried away." he spoke, knowing his brother was a good choice to send on the mission. "About the Queen of Aperia?"

"She has still yet to find the boy." Princess Vera informed the King.

King Ezekiel threw the rose to the side, looking at his pricked finger. "That boy is the key, the key to changing that filthy kingdom." he said with much disdain. "Tell my brother to find him quickly."

👑

Iker was worried sick. The prince had disappeared while he was working. He's searched every nook and cranny of the castle to find the Prince. Commander Amir had come asking him earlier where the Prince was. That Prince Cormac had missed his sword training which was unusual. Iker thought the Prince was just sulking over the conversation they had and what King Rhett had said to him during breakfast.

Iker was no Royal in any way possible but he could understand why the Prince needed to know everything about his future kingdom. Iker recalled King Rhett saying that he was protecting Prince Cormac. The King couldn't protect him from what happens in the Kingdom of Seridina. Prince Cormac was destined to rule one day, he will learn the secrets and make his own judgements. Iker grew up in the Garrett District, he's grown near to the wall and knows its secrets. What being apart of this kingdom truly meant. Like a bird trapped in a cage. Its wings being clipped.

Iker, along with the other servants could never utter a word to the Prince about outside the castle walls. Iker always avoided the Prince's questions for obvious reasons. His tongue slipped that day, nostalgia took over when he looked at the Garrett District, the place he grew up in. Iker feared another beating, what the king might do if he found out that the Prince was missing. Iker feared where he went.

When Iker arrived at the Prince's chamber to see the room void of Prince Cormac. Iker became overthrown with worry, having to lie to Commander Amir that the Prince was feeling sick. Commander Amir luckily believed him. Its been hours since then, night had fallen and Prince Cormac has yet to return. Iker feared something had happened to the prince. With his decisions it doesn't only affect the Prince but Iker too. As his personal servant it would be off with his head if something bad happens to Prince Cormac on his watch.