30. Coronation {3}

🖤

King Rhett thought of paying the man he's kept below for years a visit. It was suitable since it was the anniversary of what happened all those years ago. He was fitted in his clothes, his crown resting idly on his head. He opened the secret entrance, giving his work chamber one last look before he went on.

The place was dark and not the least bit of sunlight dared to enter. The spiral stairs led him to the very bottom, resting the torch close enough so he could see the scrawny man. He look at the man disgusted at the sight but all the more pleasing that he was suffering.

The man turned his head lazily to look at the man that entrapped him. His eyes squinting at the sudden light from the flames. He turned his head back to the dirty floor. Compared to the man that stood outside his cell, the ground was far more pleasing.

He hadn't expected to see the man, finely dressed and living a glorious life as he rotted away underground. King Rhett remembered clearly the last time he visited this damned place,each blow he delivered to the servant. "Such a pitiful sight." King Rhett said, his tone flat and his face screwed in digust.

The man didn't respond, he didn't see a need for the King to come and degrade him any further. "Your daughter is here." King Rhett spoke again, this time he got the other man attention. He gave the King a hard glare, daring him to bring any harm to his daughter. "Arabella was her name." the King said teasingly.

The man mustered up his strength, holding onto the bars of the cell as he challenged the man. "She's grown into a fine young lady. You'll be surprised by her beauty." King Rhett taunt further.

"Don't you dare lay a finger on her!" The man said through gritted teeth, ignoring the dryness in his throat. It was one thing to threaten his life and lock him away, but another to bring his daughter in it.

"No need to be so hostile dear friend." King Rhett waved his index finger to and fro. "I'm only here for a reunion. You helped build that place after all. I'm forever grateful. Today is my son's coronation, he'll rule this Kingdom just as I did."

The man tried shaking the bars, his anger increasing. He didn't want the King to taunt him, getting what he wanted. "You can't keep me in here forever!" He shouted as the King started taking his leave. "The truth will come out. The disgusting one wasn't your father it was you. You vile human being!" The man cursed, yanking at the bars.

The King paused for a brief moment at the mention of his father the previous King who led him on such a path. He didn't give in to the other man taunting as he continued up the spiral stairs. He had a coronation to attended to.

-

People started flowing into the castle ground. Prince Cormac took a peek at the audience, only seeing the fanciness of the people he assumed form Pixie Tower. He hadn't seen a drop of those from the other Districts. He frowned at the thought, he needed for everyone to be there regardless.

He was dressed along with Phoenix. He had refused to wear such a fancy clothing. Prince Cormac had teased him, telling him that he should wear it so he could take them off himself afterwards. It had made Phoenix red up to his ears, making him not want to wear it. He did want things to progress between them, being hold by Cormac was lustful fantasy of his.

He thought the prince was riling him up to get him back for what he did in the bath. Phoenix told himself he wasn't going to fall for his taunts. It was Iker who had gratefully convinced him. Phoenix hair was adored with flowers that Ximera thought would at a touch of cuteness. It was just that she wanted to have him match along with her and Arabella.

Prince Cormac was dress in the royal colors a touch of black to bring it off. Phoenix was wearing a top, that of ruby red. Cormac had wanted for him to wear it. The coronation was going well, the King had made his arrival, sitting powerfully on his throne. He looked down at the people who chatted and ate the food offered.