28. Coronation

🖤

"Another boring day." the guard complained, kicking a pebble towards the gate that allowed entrance into Seridina. "No one comes here. The gate should be fine on its own."

"Don't let the Commander hear such words." The other guard said, adjusting the waist of his trousers. "We'll all be in for a earful. I don't know about you but I need my daily fill. Suck it up." The first guard tusked.

"I wonder what that Prince wanted?" the third one chipped in, earning raised brows from the other two. "What!" He added, thinking they knew what he was talking about.

"What Prince?" The first guard questioned, thinking things were getting interesting. "No Prince came here or I must've been blind to see one."

The second guard let out a laugh at his words. The third guard approached the other two, a handful of passes in his hands. They were old since the Kingdom rarely had visitors. With no alliance with the other three and with the ways of the Kingdom. The first guard wasn't surprised at the lack of visitors.

"A Prince came through sometime ago." the third guard said, the second shook his head. "I'm not lying. You two were probably off getting beer when he came." He shrugged. "He came about a month ago. Maybe more." he said unsure.

"Are you sure you didn't let in some runaway that wanted to enter the Kingdom." The second guard suggested, not believing the the third guard. The first guard nodded in agreement.

"I'm no slacker like you two." They both glared at him. "I believe his name was Prince Rhys from Arilikook."

"Now why would the prince from Arilikook come here?" The first guard said with a laugh. "What business does he have?"

The third guard looked through the passes, finding the one Prince Rhys had given him. He lifted the piece of paper before the two. As clear as day stood the Arilikook crest. A single white Rose as decor. The two eyes widen, now believing the third guard.

"He was going to Aperia." the first said after reading through a little further. "No one ever goes there."

"What was that about Aperia?" Commander Armir voice was demanding. He startled the other two as they stood firm before the Commander.

The third guard explained the situation. Showing him the pass he showed the other two. Commander Amir took the pass from him. He was also surprised by the new information, having to report it to the King. "Get back to work." he ordered to the three.

King Rhett held his hand behind him, looking out his window and to the Kingdom. The wind picked up, blowing a few of his papers off the desk. The day he awaited was on the horizon. Soon his son will join hands with Princess Ximera. Giving him access to the Laqum military power. Of course they had access to his riches. It wasn't something he was fond of but it had to happened.

Crushing the Kingdom of Peruel made him bubble with excitement. He was to rid the lands of such people. The news brought disgust to him when he heard. Marring another King was unheard of. "Things aren't calm." he muttered to himself.

Prince Cormac coronation was set in a few more hours. King Rhett had an unsettling feeling. The boy had proven himself to his father. King Rhett wanted a successor who could maintain order, keep the people on the right path and separate those who are unfitting.