Chapter 5: An Interesting Night

RUBY POV

Most people were either in bed or getting ready for bed, while I was writing a letter to my friends back at signal since I COULDN'T COME WITH THEM, UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE.

I sighed just as Yang jumped down next to me landing on her arm in a pose.

Yang: "It's like a big slumber party!" she called with a big grin on her face.

Ruby: "I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys..." I pointed out, only half paying attention to what my sister was saying.

Yang: "I know I do..." she said as she purred like a cat at the sight of all the topless boys while I rolled my eyes at her flirtatious response "Awwww I wanted to see Y/N without his shirt on..." she pouted as I snapped my head to look at her shocked, only to see her staring at said teen on the other side of the room, thankfully with a F/C coloured tank top and baggy black pyjama pants on, while reading a book.

Yang: "What's that?" she asked as I turned to look at the letter I was writing.

Ruby: "A letter to the gang back at signal..." I said as I remember them, while looking off to the side "I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going..." I said before Yang smiled.

Yang: "Awwwww that's so Cuuuuuuuuuuute!" she teased as I threw a pillow at her, knocking her onto her back.

Ruby: "Shut up! I didn't get to take my friends with me to school, it's weird not knowing anyone here..." I pointed out as I looked away from her.

Yang: What about Jaune? He's... nice... and how bout Y/N? that's two friends! That's a 200% increase!" she stated as I flipped over onto my back, remembering about the OTHER person I met today...

Ruby: "Pretty such Weiss counts as a negative friend..." I sighed.

Yang: "There is no such thing as negative friends, you just made two friends and one enemy..." she smiled before getting hit my last pillow.

Yang: "Look, its only been one day..." she stated as I listened to some 'sisterly' wisdom "Trust me, you've got friends all around you... you just haven't met them yet..." she stated as I heard the sound of a match being lit.

I looked over to where Y/N was sitting and saw that girl from this morning.

Yang: "Huh... looks like there is love in the air already..." she smirked, with me about to ask her what she meant, when Y/N suddenly looked up from his book for a split second to look at the girl sitting next to him, before quickly returning his attention to his book, a slight reddish tinge on his cheeks.

Ruby: "That girl..." I murmured mostly to myself.

Yang: "You know her?" she asked and I shook my head slightly in response.

Ruby: "Not really..." I stated, not taking my eyes off the girl "She saw what happened this morning but left before I could say anything..." I continued, before Yang smiled.