Chapter 9: The Emerald Forest

Y/N POV

As I was flung through the air, I managed to loosen W/N and whip it out in its 'Chain' form, embedding it into a tree which anchored me in place while I used my momentum to spin around the trunk until I reached the ground, rolling as I hit the ground and skidding on my feet to avoid injuring myself.

Y/N: "Perfect landing!" I said to no one in particular as W/N reverted back to its normal mode and I stood up while dusting myself off.

Mimic: (In head) "8/10 at the most..." he stated and I could tell he was smirking.

???: "THANK YOU!" Someone called out from far off to my left, that I instantly realised was Jaune.

???: "I'M SORRY!" Another voice called off from the far right, who I had no clue who it could be.

I simply rolled my eyes and started running north, able to tell via the spider webs as they face the south, so I needed to go in the opposite direction they were facing.

Y/N: 'Guess that White Fang survival training came in handy...' I mused as I continued running forward, only to be met by several Ursa Majors and Alpha Beowolfs.

Mimic: (In head) "I got this, watch and learn kid..." he said as I felt a sharp pain all over my body, forcing me to my hands and knees.

I was suddenly surrounded with a black smoke screen, and out of my body, Mimic stepped out, in his true form though he seemed weaker.

His wings seemed shrivelled and torn, his claws cracked and damaged and his eyes seemed to be glossed over.

Mimic: "MY CHILDREN... I HAVE RETURNED!" he bellowed in a deep and distorted voice, with his arms out to the sides, smiling as the Grimm looked on in awe at him.

Y/N: "W... what..." I stuttered out as I looked on in horrified fascination by what I was seeing before me.

Mimic: "By the power given to me by our lord and creator... I ask that you lend me your strength..." He said as all the Grimm slowly dissipated and were absorbed by him, and he suddenly looked much more... well, alive.

His wings looked much better, his claws and eyes as well looked better than they had before.

Mimic: "I still hunger..." he growled as he looked at me...

Y/N: "OH SHI-" I started before he crouched down in front of me and stared me straight in the eyes.

Mimic: "Y/N, I am still weak... but in exchange for your help, I am willing to allow you to use what remains of my powers..." he said in a strangely calming way "So... do we have a deal?" he smiled as I thought about it...

Ozpin POV

Ozpin: 'This is bad' I thought as I watched Mimic absorb the Grimm and offer his powers to Y/N L/N as part of a 'Deal'...