Chapter 8: Step - Family Reunion

After the events that happened in the mess hall, Team RWBY and I were going to head off and do some of the ‘Activities’ that Ruby had planned.

But before we could even leave the mess hall, Goodwitch approached us.

Goodwitch: “Mr L/N, Professor Ozpin would like to have a word with you and these two…” she stated as she gestured to the two guys who were still on the floor groaning from the beating that they received from Pyrrha “…in his office as soon as possible, and please make sure they make it there.” She sighed before walking off.

Y/N: “Alright…” I sighed, turning back to Team RWBY “I’ll see you guys later, alright?”

Ruby: “Yeah, we were going to head back to the dorm anyway to clean up, then head to the library WHERE I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL!” she stated as she pointed to at her other teammates.

Y/N: “Yang, what is she talking about?” I questioned, eyebrow raised.

Yang: “She recently bought a copy of Remnant: The Board game.” She answered, a smirk on her face “…and like that will ever happen Ruby.”

Y/N: “Ahhhhh… sibling rivalry…” I sighed before heading over to see what the damage was to these two other guys.

As I got closer to the two, it was revealed that the one in the red jacket had recovered the quickest, as he was already on his feet, cracking his shoulders and neck, although he was a little on the wobbly side.

Red Jacket: “I think I can taste my own stomach…” he stated as he shook himself off and stood up properly “Bleh…” he shuddered.

Dark skinned male: “Speak for yourself…” he groaned as he sat up “…I Think my insides are about to become outsides….” He shuddered as I sighed and pulled him to his feet.

Y/N: “Come on you two, Goodwitch said we had to go see Ozpin.” I stated as I turned away to leave, only to hear the two behind me groan.

Red Jacket: “What did your ‘Girlfriend’ steal this time Roland?” he sighed as the other, presumably ‘Roland’ went wide eyed at the comment and started stammering.

Roland: “F-For the last time, she’s not my girlfriend! She just happens to be my friend, who is a girl, nothing more, nothing less!” he stated angrily as the guy in the red Jacket simply crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow, smirking.

Roland: “Oh, shut up Grey…” he growled.

Grey: “I don’t remember saying anything…” he stated as he continued to smirk.

Roland simply groaned in frustration before marching off towards Ozpin’s office.

Grey: “Hey! Just calling them how I see ‘em!” he called out with a smirk as Roland simply flipped him off, causing Grey to chuckle.

Y/N: “Looks like I don’t have to ask what your names are, so that’s a bonus, but is he going to be okay?” I asked as the two of us started for Ozpin’s office ourselves.

Grey: “Eh, who knows, I only just met him before… whatever the hell that was back in the mess hall.” He stated before placing his hands behind his head.

The rest of the walk to Ozpin’s office was meet with a slightly awkward silence.

Y/N: “Ssssoooo… where you from?” He glanced over at me with a raised eyebrow.

Grey: “Why so curious?” he asked as the elevator opened and we stepped into the elevator.

Y/N: “Just trying to make small talk.” I stated as I pressed the button to take us to Ozpin’s Office.

Grey: “Then do us both a favour, and please stop.” He stated before rubbing his forehead “Sorry, I’m still a little woozy from that beatdown. I’m from Mistral.”

Y/N: “Mistral? You must know Sun and Neptune then.” I asked before he chuckled.

Grey: “Yeah, Monkey boy owes me 500 Lien” he sighed, putting his hands into his pockets.

Y/N: “Why?” I asked, just as the elevator doors opened.

Grey: “Story for another day.” He shrugged before strolling out of the elevator…

Where I saw a certain Faunus death staring me…

Y/N: ‘Shit…’ I mentally sighed.

Hell-Raiser: “Friend of yours?”

Y/N: (In head) "Step sister…" I told him "Also, piss off." Hell-Raiser simply growled before going silent, and I gave out a quiet sigh of relief.

Ozpin: “Mr L/N, Mr Smith, good of you two to join us.”

(A/N) you know that moment, the one where you realise nothing is as easy as it should be?

That was the last half an hour ago for me.