Chapter 25: Mimic Rising... (Part 2)

(A/N) I LIED!!!! THIS is the second last chapter, as I had to brake up the chapter to make it shorter, as seen with the last chapter that was around the 4700 word mark...

Anyways, one more chapter plus the epilogue, and Vol 1 will be finished, though it looks like I won't get it finished before Trials...

*Sigh*

Y/N POV

???: "Impossible!" The creature roared "You should be dead by now, NOBODY CAN SURVIVE THE SOUL-PURGE!" He thundered, rocketing forward and slicing at me several times over, as I simply ducked and weaved out of the way of his attacks, hands in my hoodie pockets and smirk plastered on my face.

Y/N: "Well, I ain't exactly a nobody now... am I?" I asked as my smirk grew and the creature's anger grew.

???: "Just..." it growled as a new rage flew into it's eyes "DIE ALREADY!!! He roared as he charged at me angrily, making the mistake of allowing one's emotions to fuel their attacks.

I continued to dodge his strikes, infuriating him even further. I saw my chance when he went for an over hand swing at me with the Long-sword and quickly pulled my hands out of my pockets and stopped his attack with my left hand hand, disarming him before smashing him in the face with a vicious punch from my right, sending him flying back and into several shipping containers.

Y/N: "Ouch... that had to hurt..." I winced as I looked over to see Sun fighting a bunch of WF fangs with a Bo-staff of some type in an almost break-dancing kind of fighting style.

As I continued to watch Sun's onslaught, the Grimm Demon was able to grab me by the throat and lift me off the ground, the same crimson flames burning in his eyes, though he had several small cuts and rips in his cloak, as well as a black liquid running out of them.

???: "Just DIE!!!" He roared at me as I regained my smirk and gave out a bored yawn as I look directly into his eyes, silver flames burning in my own eyes.

Y/N: "Thanks for the Semblance bud..." I winked at him before my face became emotionless "But kindly... FUCK OFF!" I roared as I brought up my feet and kicked him squarely in the chin, making him release me as he stumbled back in pain.

Mimic: (In head) "Really? THAT was his Semblance? I remember it being stronger than that..." he murmured as I blinked in confusion.

Y/N: (In head) "How do you know this... person?" I asked as the Grimm Demon started to laugh.

???: "He never told you, did he?" he laughed as he charged forward, bringing the long-sword down towards my head "He never told you what he did to the people who he had take refuge in..." he growled as I blocked his attack "HE NEVER TOLD YOU ABOUT THE PAIN THAT HE PUT US THROUGH!" He thundered angrily as I dodged another of his slashes and headbutted him, forcing him back.

Y/N: "You were one of Mimic's hosts... weren't you?" I asked as he nodded sombrely.