Chapter 13: An... Interesting First Class...

Y/N POV

I was currently sitting in professor Port's class and trying not to fall asleep from boredom, while Mimic was growling in annoyance at the mere sight of the multiple Grimm trophy heads that the professor had on display.

Port: "Monsters! Deeeeeeemons! Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as PREY! Ha-ha!!" he exclaimed, waking up a sleeping Ruby.

As his joke was met with no applause or laughter like he expected, he quickly recovered and continued the lesson...

To which I zoned out of...

Y/N: 'I really need to stop doing that...' I thought as I placed my hand on my head covering my left eye, which felt like it was burning up my skull.

Mimic: (In head) "Professor Pig is nothing more than a glorified game hunter..." he growled before I felt him staring at the cages in the corner of the room "And there is your proof..." he finished as my eye stopped burning and I pulled my hand away from my eye.

I was brought back to reality by a student in green exclaiming something with his hand in the air as everyone stared at him, before he quickly sat down.

Port: "That is what you are training to become, but first, a story..." he started and I mentally groaned knowing who it was going to be about "...Me!" he exclaimed and I accidently let my head smack onto the desk, bring everyone but Port's attention to me...

Y/N: 'Great...' I thought as Port continued with his story, While Odran and his team glared at me, while heather looked more confused than anything.

Port: "Despite smelling of cabbages, my father was I wise man, Peter he said..." he continued to drone on and both Mimic and myself were getting sick of it...

Mimic: (In head) "Just kill me now..." he started "Oh wait... that won't work..." he sighed as he went quiet.

Apparently so was Ruby as she was doing a bunch of random stuff to try and keep herself entertained, despite Weiss' growing anger.

Port: "The moral of the story?" he stated as I glanced back over to Weiss and saw that she was about to explode...

And take us all with her...

Port: "A true Huntsmen must be honourable... a true Huntsmen must be dependable... a true Huntsmen must be strategic, well-educated and wise!" he finished and Weiss looked like she was about to rocket off to the moon.

Mimic: (In head) "Or what's left of it..." he smirked and I felt a story behind that, but wasn't in the mood for it right now.

Port: "So, who among you believes to be the embodiment of these traits?" he asked, to which Weiss' and my own hand shot up like a pair of Nevermores.

Weiss: "I do sir!" she exclaimed almost angrily.

Y/N: "Right here sir..." I replied calmly, shooting Odran a glare before doing so.

Port:"It seems we have some volunteers..." he stated as if only expected one person to put up their hand "Well then, let's find out, step forward andface your opponents..." he said as he gestured to the two cages in the corner ofthe classroom...

And I realised that we would have to fight in front of the entire class...

Y/N: 'Me and my big mouth...' I mentally sighed as I walked off to get changed into my combat gear, with Weiss close behind.