Chapter 18: Priority one, Kill Y/N...

??? POV

So, this is where that kid Cinder wants dead is? How...

Disappointing...

I wanted a challenge...

As I snuck threw the halls of the 'Great Beacon Academy', dodging and hiding in the shadows to avoid the students and teachers, I made my way towards the training hall to begin my search. I couldn't risk exposure, the consequences for that were almost as bad as failure...

As I made my way to the training hall, I had to divert from the corridors to the outside and the shadows to avoid being caught by a blonde teacher with green eyes and a riding crop.

I finally found my target after a few good minutes of searching. They were all alone in the training hall, wearing only a pair of F/C coloured jeans, a Do-rag, a purple crystal around their neck and F/C boxing tape wrapped around his bare feet and hands, though he had his bare chest showing, along with multiple scars.

I blushed slightly at seeing his toned body, but quickly re-gained my focus as I entered the room via a window.

Y/N POV

I was currently in the training room, killing holographic Beowolves and Ursai with my bare hands and W/N, when I felt a presence watching me.

Mimic: (In head) "There is someone in the shadows, but I don't know if it is a friend or foe..." he stated.

Y/N: (In head) "Thanks bud." I said as I turned my attention to my spectator.

Y/N: "Okay! You can come out now! I know someone's th-" I stopped as I dodged a knife being thrown where my head had been a few seconds ago.

I looked at my would-be assassin and squinted at their appearance.

They wore a large black hooded coat that covered their face and body from view, as well as a skull mask and several bandages over their exposed arms and legs.

???: "Priority one, kill Y/N at any cost..." they muttered to themselves continuously, like it was a type of mantra.

Y/N: "Sorry, random assassin person..." I stated as I got into a combat stance, extending both sets of W/N "Not happening." I growled at them while they stared at me through their mask, hiding their face and gender.

Suddenly they were swinging at me with a longsword that seemed to just appear in their hand. As I dodged their downward strike I rushed forward and delivered a quick punch to their face, only for them to bloke it with their blade and push me back.