Chapter 1: Bookshelves be flying...

Y/N POV

Its been several weeks since the incident at the docks and I have needed to keep my end of the bargain with Mimic.

He may be my Great-however-many-times grandpa, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't keep my word and help him out.

I was at a local bookstore, Tukson's book trade.

Tukson was an old friend of mine from the Fang... maybe big brother is more correct... who had recently 'deserted' his post and possibly had the Fang on his tail...

As such, he had said that if I needed any help with anything, I just needed to ask. I was currently looking at a map of Remnant, trying to think of places where the Maidens could be, when two people walked in, though I mostly ignored them while they looked around.

Tukson: "Welcome to Tukson's Book Trade! Home of every book under the sun." He stated happily as I simply rolled my eyes with a smile on my face.

Tukson: "How may... uh..." he started but stopped and I wondered what was making him so nervous, but whatever it was, I decided to keep my head down...

For now, at least...

Tukson: "How may I help you?" He said, trying to recover as if nothing had happened.

???: "Just browsing." A boy said, who was out of my view, thanks to a bookshelf.

??? #2: "Actually..." said another voice, female this time "I was wondering, do you have any copies of The Thief and The Butcher?" She asked as I placed a hand on W/N's hilt, just in case things went south.

Mimic: (In head) "Don't worry, I got your back." He stated as I felt a slight power increase "Why do these two smell familiar..." he growled.

Tukson: "Yes, we do."

??? #2: "Thats great." She said with a little too much effort...

Mimic: (In head) "Be ready, my gut tells me that shit is about to hit the fan..." he growled as I nodded in agreement.

Tukson: "Would you... like a copy?" He asked, the nervousness clear in his voice.

??? #2: "No, just wondering." She simply replied as I gave off a small growl.

The sound of a book being snapped shut reminded me of the other person, who, by the sounds of things, had gotten closer to where I was...

??? #2: "Oh, oh!" She started as If she had remembered something "What about Violet's Garden in paperback?" She asked as I breathed deeply, trying to calm myself.

???: "He's got it." The boy stated "Hardback too" he added.