Chapter 6: Dealing with the Devil within...

I slowly opened my eyes, my head aching and body throbbing with pain, my vision spinning around the white room.

I tried to sit up, only for my vision to worsen and for me to fall face first onto the tiled floor below.

Y/N: "Ow..." I groaned as I sat up rubbing my head, unable to move my right shoulder.

Y/N: 'Probably dislocated it...' I thought to myself as I tried to move it, once again, without success.

???: (In head) "Hey kid..." a voice rung out inside my head.

Y/N: (In head) "Mimic?" I asked, hopefully as I sat back up on the bed.

???: (In head) "No." the voice stated and I immediately realised who it was and mentally growled.

Y/N: (In head) "Hell-Raiser, why are you here?" I mentally snarled "I thought, no HOPED is a better word, Mimic had put you down for good..."

Hell-Raiser: (In head) "Kid, if I was really that easy to kill, I wouldn't have been able to level towns and villages as easily as I did when I was in my original form." He stated emotionlessly as I rolled my eyes.

Hell-Raiser: (In head) "Look, I know I'm probably the last thing you want to talk to right now, but because of that Fallen Maiden, Mimic is currently in a coma-like state while he heals up..." He stated as my eyes went wide "That blade is a LOT more dangerous than it looks..." he stated as I grew even more confused.

Y/N: (In head) "How so?" I asked as Hell-Raiser sighed deeply.

Hell-Raiser: (In head) "I don't know the details, but basically that 'sword' is enchanted by magic long forgotten that forces its victims to feel the pain that they have inflicted on others." He stated sadly "So when Mimic was impaled by it..." he started...

Y/N: (In head) "He felt the pain that he inflicted on everyone he came across for the last two thousand years..."

Hell-Raiser: (In head) "More or less one thousand, nine hundred and ninety-two..." he stated as I raised an eyebrow "What? I'm more accurate with the passage of time then he is, I've had a LOT more practice at it then he has." He stated "It also explains why you went down so quickly..." he stated, but I could basically hear the smirk he had.

Y/N: (In head) "Cut to the chase, what is it that you want?" I growled as he chuckled darkly.

Hell-Raiser: (In head) "What I want i-" he started before going quiet for a moment "You got a visitor, we'll talk later." He stated as he left, hopefully for a long time, but knowing my luck, he'll be back soon.

The person entering the room was a concerned looking Ozpin, his signature coffee mug and cane with him.

Ozpin: "I've heard what the officer's downstairs have said, now I want to hear your side of the story Y/N." he stated as he sat down in the chair across from me.

Ozpin: "What happened at the warehouse, and more importantly, why where you there?" he asked as I rolled my shoulder, popping it back into place with small grunt and flash of pain.

Y/N: "Lost my temper while chasing some murderers and in the process lost control to an ACTUAL Grimm-Demon which lead me to a speed demon of an Anti-Maiden." I stated as Ozpin went wide eyed "He wasn't very nice..."

Ozpin: "So I can see..." he sighed as he stood up from his seat "This other... Anti-Maiden... did they use a Great-sword? Face covered by a mask?" he inquired as I slowly nodded "It would seem that you had a run in with Nemesis, The Anti-Maiden of the North..." he sighed as I tilted my head in confusion.

Y/N: "Nemesis? And what do you mean by 'Of the North'?"

Ozpin: "As Mimic has no doubt informed you, 'Where there is light... darkness will rise to keep balance'..." he stated as he took a deep breath "For each Maiden, an Anti-Maiden was made to counter-balance, to keep things even, Nemesis for the North, Scorch for the West, Drago for the East and finally, Mimic for the South." He stated as he started to ponder something.

Ozpin: "For an Anti-Maiden to be this far from his home territory... it should be impossible, unless its Mimic..." he stated as I raised an eyebrow.

Y/N: "Why is Mimic the exception?" 

Ozpin: "Because each Anti-Maiden was given two objectives; to kill Maidens, and to keep Mimic in his place." He stated as I grew even more confused.

Y/N: "'In his place'?"

Ozpin: "Mimic was the original and only Anti-Maiden, until he proved to be untameable..." He stated as he took off his glasses and cleaned them with a cloth from his pocket "And so, three other 'Fake' Anti-Maidens were created after Mimic proved how... destructive he could be, the carnage he caused at Ravenger Cove and most recently, Saber-Tooth creek being proof enough..." he sighed sadly, obviously dwelling on a bad memory.

Y/N: "Ravenger Cove? Saber-Tooth Creek? Never heard of them." I stated as Ozpin examined the inside of his coffee cup, swirling it slightly.

Ozpin: "Not many people do." He answered with a sad sigh "If you want the details, you'll have to ask Mimic about it, though he may be reluctant to talk about it." He stated as I winced at the pain in my shoulder.

Y/N: "Alright..." I asked as I rolled my neck, cracking it and relieving some of the pain in my spine "Now about that Anti-Maiden, Nemesis... How do I beat him? He moved so fast that I couldn't see him..." I stated as Ozpin placed a hand on his chin, deep in thought.

Ozpin: "Nemesis is the fastest of all the Anti-Maidens, while Mimic is the most durable, and can be unpredictable thanks to his unique Semblance..." He mused "...The best I think we can do is prepare, if an Anti-Maiden is truly in Vale, the two of you will almost certainly meet again..." He stated as I sighed.

There was a small silence as I slowly absorbed what I had been told as Ozpin looked out the window at the city.

Ozpin: "I'll leave you to think on what I said." He said as he walked out the door and I laid back down on the bed.

"You didn't really think you were the only one, did you..."

The words of Nemesis floated around in my head as I sighed, resting my head on the stiff infirmary pillow...

Y/N: 'What the hell am I going to do about that guy?'

(A/N) I LIVE!!!