23

x i n g    w e i j u n g

x i n g w e i j u n g

i ran out my office as soon as i heard chenle's ear piercing scream. i saw them looking at some box, disgusted. i quickly ran to it to check what it was, i was shocked to see a freaking chopped off head that has its eyes open. that's when i noticed something in its eyes. "green." i pointed out. "get away from it! who the hell sent it!?" chenle must've been terrified upon seeing the box then.

"this is a rotten head." i mumbled. "yeah, it stinks." jaemin said and pinched his nose. "we need to throw it away." mark said. "hey look, a note." haechan stated and grabbed the note from the head's mouth.

i raised a brow and grabbed the note, carefully reading it:

xing weijung,

you've clearly made a wrong choice. you shouldn't have joined the team– you're only going to get them in danger.

— unknown ;)

"wait, where's renjun?" jeno questions and looks around. as if on cue, renjun walks in the headquarters, stating that he is quite dizzy. "dizzy? you just went out for fresh air and you came back dizzy?" jaemin uttered.

"duh, the air is contaminated." haechan said. "like your mind?" mark raised a brow and haechan just plainly glared at him.

that's when i started to take action and grabbed something sharp, which i found a screw near me so i grabbed it and stuck it in the head. "ew! what the fuck, that's gross!" chenle frowned. "i need a mask, and gloves." i said as jisung gave me some.

i put it on before opening the head. dark liquid and green stuff started to oozing out of it. "how did they even get a rotten head!?" nayoung asked.

"probably the catacombs. lots of bone of dead people, lots of human corpse lying around. maybe someone kept some bodies?" renjun muttered and i nodded. he was right, who knows what they stored in the catacombs?

"what are you doing anyways?" jisung asked me. "i'm.. well this is a head but! if you look at it's eyes—it seemed to be operating. it's quite alive and it's watching us because this is.. a spy cam." i told them before getting to the main part of the head.

see? it doesn't have brains. it was powered by a machine. "better luck next time then." heeyeon mumbled as i destroyed the machine and it's cam shut down.

"they think we would keep the head for evidence, clues or for investigation. it would give them the chance to spy on us and watch every movement we make." i said.