43

"no one is right; he's lying to everyone since day one!"

3 r d    p e r s o n s    v i e w

FLASHBACK . . . a few weeks ago

she was walking with dream team towards school. she noticed someone cloaked in black sitting by the bleachers, the person had something metal shiny on its wrist since it shone in weijung's eyes.

carefully observing, she asked where chenle is. jisung pointed where he was and that's when she looked back at the bleachers and saw that the cloaked person wasn't there anymore. she bscame alert, looking everywhere when she noticed someone aiming a huge rock towards chenle.

the same person she saw hiding behind the trees had the same metal thing on its wrist. which means, those metal bracelets are something else.

that brings us today, those incidents has bden running through weijung's mind for quite awhile now. chenle? chenle's with jeno for awhile. they said they'll be back later.

"um, you okay?" renjun asked her as he entered her department. renjun placed a cup of coffee on her table as he placed both of his hands on the side od his hips, "you're not answering me, you're not okay then." renjun sighed.

weijung chuckled dryly, "i'm fine, renjun. you don't have to worry about me."

"anyways, i can't believe chenle had the answer to the question awhile ago! he should've at least told us that he has a crumpled paper with him." renjun muttered. "now i feel like that recording will be used against me!" renjun fake cried.

"oh gee, you're right! what if that recording will be used against you, especially with the case of ra taewon." weijung snapped her fingers. "i'll be on look out online then—if someone ever posted a scandal or some sort of article about that recording, i'll try and track them down and delete the scandal by hacking into their computer and killing it."

"why kill the computer?" renjun questioned.

"we have to be sure that they won't do such thing again."

"anyways—this ra taewon case, heeyeon won't mind if we tamper with it for a bit right?" weijung asked the boy. renjun shrugged, "hmm, i don't think so."

"about this.. ji hansol guy, who is he?"

renjun deeply sighed, "hansol-hyung was someone we really looked up to, he was really a great hyung and guy to everyone. ji hansol is junghee's childhood bestfriend. hansol had a few scandals that almost ruined secret society's reputation but taeyong still kept him in the group. but one day, he just.. he died."

"it turns out, he had been suffering for quite some time now. he was a great journalist during the early days. some of us would learn from his tactics. but he sadly passed away after hanging himself in his dorm room."

"eunji's case wasn't anything but complete murder. we're not even sure if she's actually dead!" weijung pointed out.

"i haven't really actually met this director kim." weijung tilted her head.

"we just literally had milkshakes! the fair is going to be held in a few days and killings keep happening!" renjun said.

weijung got a message from killerkiller, they've failed the mission once again. "this.. this needs to be put to a stop." weijung shook her head. "this brings no good to anyone."

"but how? all we know is.. we have her black plan book!" renjun pointed out.

"we can figure something out. all we need is evidence, all we need is proof—and the case is solved." weijung mumbled.

weijung grabbed a pen and drew stuff on her whiteboard, "this is a metal wristlet, these are the things that shone in my eyes during the time i saved chenle from getting hit." weijung pointed at it, "this, means something else."

weijung grabbed her stuff and fished out the metal pin that also shone in her eyes back at the time she and chenle had lunch in the rooftop. "this, this is a star shaped pin." weijung showed renjun. weijung grabbed another one which was the gold pin, the one she found when she met chenle by the bushes. "these pins are alike."

"remember that time i almost got hurt by a window pane? that wasn't an accident—someone purposely did that, they broke the screws of the window and pushed the window so that it would land on me. it means that, it was all planned since the beginning. how did i know that? this book revealed it to me." she said and raised the black plan book.

"i think i know.. what these pins are." renjun uttered out loud. weijung looked at him, waiting for him to say it. "these are the badges of the astronomy club, i know it because i had seen eunji wearing it before back in the days she wasn't a member of dream team."

"then this leads us to the astronomy club, someone is apart of it and possibly that person is the one who kills." weijung said.

"how are you so sure?"

"there are three possible answers, renjun. one is that eunji is still alive, that's actually really possible. two is that yerin is also seeking for revenge on probably something. and three, there is someone who we still don't know about." weijung told him.

"but, how can we find this third one?" he raised a brow. "should we.. should we try and get the files from the astronomy club? i mean, jaemin and mark could since they are the president and vice."

"then we'll tell them to get those books. meanwhile, look out for yourself these days okay?" weijung patted her back.

weijung was about to speak when her phone buzzed. she dropped the marker and quickly fished out her phone to check what it was.

KIILLER-KILLER
you're not a good doctor.

weijung furrowed her brows and was about to question the sudden text when jisung bursted into the lab. "weijung! you need to come quick!!" he exclaimed and grabbed weijung by the arm and quickly dragged her outside. "h-hey! where are we going!?" weijung asked, confused by the rushing situation.

"it's chenle-hyung! someone stabbed him!" and with that sentence, it felt like her world crashed.

"w-what? how?! why? where!" she panicked.

"we don't know! jeno-hyung rushed him to the hospital! we need to get there quick!!"

weijung stood there as she watched them run, she took out her phone and saw a new message.

KIILLER-KILLER
— i guess your lele sacrificed himself for you, you should do the same for others hm? that's what doctors do in this game anyways.

"leave him alone, _____"