40

"it's for the best."

x i n g   w e i j u n g

x i n g w e i j u n g

"wait, what do you mean by we're going today??" i asked them. i'm confused-- mark contacted me to get to rhe headquarters early in the morning so i did. i saw them all getting their stuffs ready. "i'm quite glad you chose to wear something comfortable and casual even if i told you it's just a meet up at the hq." mark chuckled.

"um, what's exactly going on here? would someone care to explain?" i asked.

"what's going on?" i repeated, that's when jaemin finally answered my questions. "we're going to the main hq. remember, taeyong-hyung wants to see you." i raised a brow, "why would he want to see me."

"because you're the new member like everyone is talking about? and jungwoo-hyung probably said a lot of things about you when he got back there, expect a lot of greetings." renjun chuckled.

we all aboard a van that will drive us to the main hq. it was 1 hour and a half away from the school, which explains why we left early. "wow, i remember the time i was on my way to hanyul academy." i mumbled. 

"you see that building?" chenle leaned and pointed a white building by the distance. "yeah?" i nodded. "that's our headquarters!" chenle exclaimed. "that's.. huge." i mumbled.

"well, our club never stops expanding– so i don't think we would have fit if it was a regular place." mark said.

the van soon parked at the front as we all got out the van. suddenly, a boy exits the building as he went towards us with a huge smile on his face.. wait, he seems familiar!

"weijung!! we meet again!" the boy smiled and gave me a hug which kinda shocked me. "jungwoo-hyung!" the others greeted and hugged him as well.

"director kim told me that you'll be visiting today instead of tomorrow." jungwoo said.

"well, we need to start reviewing for the test on monday." mark told him.

jungwoo nodded, "ahh, i understand. come on, the others are waiting by the meeting room." he said.

i silently followed them when heeyeon noticed my lonely presence and came up to me. "just.. don't be afraid okay? they're nice people, they just look a bit intimidating." heeyeon chuckled and placed an arm around my shoulder.

we all walked inside the building that jungwoo opened with the use of facial recognition and the use of the nct key. once we were in, jungwoo took us to this so-called meeting room where they said the rest of the members were.

upon entering the room, jungwoo glanced at me and gave me a small smile as we came in. "took you guys long." a boy muttered.

one boy was seated on a chair in the middle, he had light brown hair and a cold facial expression was plastered on his face. i assumed that was their leader. i quickly noticed the badge on their jackets and clothing, a gold badge. it signifies that they have been in the team for longer. i checked our pin, mostly they had gold. me? i had a rose gold one which i don't even know what means.