50

"weijung..."

past chapters, mark saw something, what was it?

warning: a lot will happen and will be revealed in this chapter ;)

x i n g       w e i j u n g

"hello again catacombs." donghyuck rolled his eyes as he entered the catacombs, he was the last one out of all of us since he was being so slow and all. "why are we here again?" donghyuck lazily asked as he raised his right brow.

"information." renjun repeated for the nth time.

"everything is clear, keep going." jeno stated through the earpiece. "careful, weijung." jaemin said and gently held my hand as we go down the slippery stairs. "you know it would've been nice if you stayed back at the headquarters, your bruises might get worse!" chenle scolded as walked down the stairs with us.

"hm, chenle's right." mark said. i rolled my eyes, "i'll be fine. i hope so." i whispered the last part as we entered the chambers.

"okay, chamber three is just down that hallway– you might wanna avoid the death chamber." jeno mumbled. "seriously, what's in the chamber? there are so many glowing red dots that are moving."

"m-moving?" jisung stuttered. "red dots?"

i tilted my head and stopped, "could you guys check if the gate at the death chamber is open? just to make sure we don't have to fight off.. something." i mumbled as i waited for the three to respond.

"uhh, i believe the gate to that chamber is closed so don't worry weijung– just try to avoid it." nayoung replied to me. i hummed in response before walking straight. i flashed my light left and right to see what is before us. renjun who is beside me was busy flipping through his journal.

i also navigated us through the digital map i have on my wrist watch. coming more closer to the death chamber, i already heard growls and groans. i gulped knowing something was actually in there and alive. "turn off all your lights." i said as we slowly passed the death chamber– aka the body chamber.

we heard clanging and banging, i squinted my eyes towards the gates as a gasp escape my lips. "the fucking corpses are moving." i whispered which made renjun hum. "look, this is what the book was warning.. the dead wants revenge." renjun said and showed me the page.

"keep going." mark said.

we all safely passed the body chamber. "i don't think we'll get information in that place with those freaky creatures lurking down there." jaemin shook his head.