Introduction to Armor

Aphrodite's POV

"Knight in shining armor huh?" staring into the distance "Looks like I have to start dreaming about armor from now on, but which element should I start with?"

Without thinking I summoned my earth axe. Then it clicked I'll work on my earth armor first but it has to be something really hard and could withstand heavy attacks and reduce them. While also allowing me to manipulate earth.

Yes! Bless you Kai, you have such great ideas

Yes! Bless you Kai, you have such great ideas. Because now I could add support to my weapons and the effect would increase and reduce the abilities of myself.

'What if there was a move that could crush the earth or maybe cause an actual earthquake! Or SOMETHING COOLER! Kai should give me more advice often I would listen to him rather than listening to my own father even.'

'Oh wait, father...He's going to kill me if he heard that I'm on friendly terms with the King of the Beasts'

"Oh well it could be worse....oh yeah" thinking about my dads and ojichans "there never going to let me live it down" I shivered thinking about my punishment for befriending Kai right now.

I don't care about the punishment though because I know that kai is actually a nice person.

'Whitebeard was a man I've never met before, but heard is he really nice. Kaidou I've also never met, but I get this feeling I'll meet them in the future.'

I was recalling this memory when I was 4. I sighed and smiled at the ocean. 'I've grown so much since then I can't wait to see dad again I bet I wouldn't have gotten this strong if I just spend my childhood playing with dolls.

Well I better get dreaming of that new armor. I can't wait!

Timeskip

I got up of bed now that the armor was not even halfway finished. I guess it takes 2 times longer than it does with my swords. Huh, it's so exhausting creating armor and swords why can't it like one dream to finish the armor.

The island comes into view after seeing it I smiled. Father's probably waiting for me inside or maybe I can surprise him. I bet I could show him my armor before he comes.

My boat arriving at shore. But what I am met with is something horrifying.

...

"THIS IS NOT THE RIGHT ISLAND!" I shouted surely the whole island could here me. I started to panic 'how did I get lost? Where am I? Dad's going to kill me!'

My mind gets cut off by someone walking towards my direction. It was in fact a old looking man that has a cleft chin, wears oval glasses, and has a mustache and a beard. His facial hair is medium-amounted and black, but currently they have grown long enough to become a thick mustache and a goatee, as well as turning grayish-white. He wears simple clothes and a hat that changes with his appearance, but they are similar to each other. He currently wields a walking cane from old age.

"Hello young lady, I can't help but notice that your presence here, are you a traveller? Where are your parents?"

"um hi mister my designation is Aphrodite and I am marginally lost. Can you tell me where I am?" I asked sweetly while I also bowed

"Designation?...marginally?" Sweat dropped the old man at my choice of vocabulary. Hey what can I say I have a wide range of vocabulary thanks to the hundreds of books father keeps in his castle.

'I think the old man needs to get himself a dictionary when he's around me' I also sweat dropped as he was still figuring out what those words meant.

"Oh why darling your in the east blue, This village is called Foosha Village. My names Makino and this here is our Mayor - Woop Slap" says Makino also appearing by the old man's side

Makino is a young woman with brown eyes and black hair (dark green in the anime) that goes up to just above her shoulders. She wore a yellow kerchief, an orange blouse with black sleeves and a long light blue skirt and orange sneakers with white soles.

"EE-EAST BLUE! GOD CURSE MY NAVIGATING SKILLS" Both of them were taken aback by my loud outburst. But I didn't notice it "THIS IS WHAT I GET FOR SLUMBERING IN. NEXT TIME I SHOULDN'T SPEND TOO LONG MAKING ARMOR OTHERWISE I WOULD GET TIRED AND THIS CAUSES ME TO SLUMBER IN. Now all I can do is summon my swords and still not one piece of amor!" while sulking on the spot

The two sweat dropped while I was continuing my ranting, birds can be seen flying out of the trees in the background like some kind of cliche scene.

"Armor..."

"Swords...?"

The two stared like I was crazy, but somehow the mayor regained his composure "Yes, now my dear can you tell me where your from?"

"Kuraigana Island"

"I've never heard of that island in the east blue before, tell me is it located in the west blue?" questioned Makino

"Or perhaps in any of the blues?" asked the mayor

"No, it is located in the New World" I shrugged with a pokerface

The two were paled at what I said 'how could she survive in the New World?!' the two thought. The information itself was overwhelming, but they kept themselves from freaking out since they also have someone from the New world in their village.

"Well let's commence over. Hi, my denomination is Dracule Aphrodite I am disoriented. And far away from home, but since I don't have enough energy to peregrinate at the moment could I stay here" I asked hoping they would agree

"Of course, young one. As Makino has already told you I am the Mayor of Foosha Village - Woop Slap." he said holding his hand out for me to shake

This information however did not sit well with me "EH YOUR THE MAYOR?! I am sorry for my disobedience and lack of respect!" I apologized while bowing repeatingly that my head could snap off at any minute.

"Um there's no need for that, Aphrodite" the mayor sweat dropping while waving his hands in surrender

Making however found this amusing at kept in a giggle "Well Aphrodite, you do look familiar to someone around here"

By now I have stopped and listened to Makino "REALLY? WHO" I demanded like a child in a candy store

"Well follow me" she said leading me to a bar "don't worry he's a really nice man though people may find him a little intimidating when he's angered, but don't worry about it he loves kids"

"Okay, maybe I can ask him for a log pose to return back home" I smiled. Makino pushing the door for me and walking inside together I saw a familiar red hair with the long black cape sitting on a bar stool drinking a lot of alcohol. Oh no. At the same moment we both made eye contact, violet eyes stared into black ones. I'm dead.

"DAD?!"

"APHRODITE?!"

"Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life."

- Akagami no Aphrodite