Mihawk's Beloved Child

(Aphrodite's POV) Flashback...

The wind blew my hair backwards as I looked beneath me, it looked scary to any child being on this height, but I learned to suck my fear in and trust father. Clouds were visible beneath them, and a large amount of fog, this part scared me the most considering that she won't know what I will be landing on.

'Or if I'm going to survive at all'

Looking back at father he had that look which urged me to step even further away from the edge. One foot was on the edge, the other dangling over the height ready to fall down. Fear consumed me, I wasn't allowed to use any of my powers in this lesson, I won't know the outcome unless I try.

"You are not allowed to use your powers, am I understood." father said in his strict tone.

I nodded "I promise."

About to take a hesitant step forward, I felt my back being hit by a hard metal sending me flying into the air screaming as I was falling endlessly. As I was screaming my mouth was wide open allowing clouds to come into my mouth causing me to choke at the water that was in my throat.

Looking at the ground again I realized that I was getting closer and closer by the second! The fog cleared and I could see a forest with boulders with sharp edges on. I braced myself from the impact by folding my body into a ball shape and anticipating my fall.

My purple eyes saw my end as they had tears on the side and they kept flowing into the sky above me. I waited for a hard impact, but was surprised to feel that my body landed on something hard and hairy before bouncing off it and crashing hard onto a boulder enough to make my eyes dizzy and leave a mark on the boulder.

My eyes were blurry as I tried to adjust what I had just knocked into and saw that whoever that person or creature was, is unconscious on the ground with a large bump on its head. I sensed a growing presence around me as more silhouettes seemed to have appeared and gathered around me. Shaking my head I pushed myself from the wall and backflipped in the air before landing safely on my two feet.

I had to blink twice before registering what was in front of me I saw baboons in front of me, I took note that they were all larger than their specie size. I also took note that they were staring at me with a murderous expression seeing as that I had just knocked out their nakama.

They all lifted their swords and weapons and charged at me. I panicked and my instincts came in allowing me to dodge their attacks and move vastly onto a treetop, their weapons landed on the position I was once in all of them creating a deep crater there. I shivered. Some of them were focused and was looking around to where I have gone because my speed was immensely fast for their specie type to catch on.

I smirked cockily seating myself on a branch while trying to calm my fast heartbeat from the previous events. My hair stood on ends as I felt one's presence behind me, before I could turn around to intercept their attack I was slashed at the back with a deep wound from a baboon knocking me to the ground.

I created a small crater while landing causing me to wince in pain touching my forehead to see blood. The very thing that striked me was in front of me with a sword. 'He moves fast!'

He was about to charge at me but I was about to summon my weapon until.. I realized I promised not to! Through that one bit of distraction the baboon managed to pierce my skin drawing out blood. I looked down at my wound and frowned at it, I clenched my hands in determination as they balled into fists as I used them to hit the baboon. Just as his blade was mere inches away from my face, my hands reached out and stopped his attack. Now with the blade between my hands I broke it causing the tippy edge of his blade to be broken.