Swordsman Zoro falls into the Sea!

3rd's POV

It continued every slash and cut Zoro strikes missed it's target. Mihawk was swiftly dodging and blocking Zoro's attacks with his small dagger. "Such unrestrained skill." Mihawk noted provoking Zoro. Zoro kept trying to slash Mihawk but his efforts seemed to be fruitless.

"Just with that thing, he's taking on all of Zoro's three swords!" the pirates said in shock

"That's a monster superior to monsters!"

Again Zoro kept striking but Mihawk effortlessly blocks them all with his dagger 'I.. I didn't come all this way to lose against this toy-like thing!' Zoro exclaimed in his mind.

"Zoro!" a familiar voice called out to him.

In that moment it made Zoro lose concentration causing himself to fall forwards and give Mihawk the chance to karate chop the back of Zoro's head with his hand.

'To become the greatest in the world..' Zoro thought remembering his harsh childhood training 'I.. have to become strong, for her sake too. My strength will even reach the heavens! I'm going to become the strongest in the world! We promised.. I will..'

Zoro's sights felt blurry 'If I could just defeat this man..' Zoro then advanced towards Mihawk and tried to strike him down but Mihawk merely moved to the side causing Zoro to fall on the ground.

Sensing his persistence Mihawk asked him "What's your mission? Why do you seek the ultimate power, you weakling?"

"Aniki's a weakling you say? You damn bastard!" Yosaku said obviously pissed gripping onto his sword.

"I'll teach you a thing or two!" Johnny joined also getting out his sword as the two of them jumped down only to be pulled back by Luffy's long arms.

"Stop! Yosaku! Johnny! Don't interfere! Just hang on!" Luffy shouted pushing their heads down restraining them from moving.

"Luffy..?" Usopp sweated

Despite being sent to the ground Zoro refused to give up and stood up again "I can't afford to lose!" this statement made everyone shocked including Mihawk. "TIGER HUNTING PREY!" before Zoro could deliver his attack he was cut off when Mihawk pierced the dagger into his chest. Blood stained the floor.

"Do you wish to have this go through your heart? Why don't you step back?" Mihawk asked emotionlessly/

"I don't know. I'm not sure why myself. But if I were to take even one step back, I believe that all those important oaths, promises and many other deals 'til now, will all go to waste and I'll never be able to return before you, ever again." Zoro said with blood dripping from the corner of his mouth.

"Yes, and that's called 'losing'." Mihawk stated

Zoro chuckled "That's why I can't step back." Zoro said

"Even if it means death?" Mihawk asked

"Death may be better!" Zoro smirked

'What strong will! Preferring death over defeat.' Mihawk thought before swiftly removing the dagger from his chest and putting the dagger back in it's case. "Kid, announce your name!"

Zoro then positioned the three swords where they all touched one another to form a triangle shape "Roronoa Zoro!" he announced.

"I'll remember that! It's been a while since I've seen such strong will. As a reward," Mihawk then took his sword from his back in all it's glory "a gesture to a fellow swordsman I will wield this 'Black Sword', the most powerful sword in the world, to end your life."