Let the War Begin

Aphrodite's POV

"6905..6906..6907..and I think that's enough" I finished inserting the glass tubes into small packages that were to be sent around the island. "I wonder if that's enough though?" I thought aloud putting on a thinking face looking at all the crates in the room that were filled with my formula I call Project: 925.

A knock on the door snapped me out of my concentration snapping my attention to the door I am met with one of the captains in the war. "Akagami." his voice was serious not a hint of happiness nor amusement in them. "Have you packaged all of Project:925 serum into the crates" he questioned like a captain would do to his subordinate

"Yes sir! There all safely put in the crates and ready for the war" I saluted with a straight back, my uniform complimented my job in the war, not physical, pockets for storing items and even a camp headband on my head to keep my hair from getting in the way.

The captain nodded. "I see. Well then I best be at my position now." he said now at the door about to open it "Remember Akagami, if anything goes wrong with your experiment. Know that you will put a lot of innocent lives in danger. Don't you forget that" he said darkly before exiting the room

I sighed then proceeded to look outside a window from my office to the floor beneath where I see the soldiers adding the serum on their weapons, some putting a serum or two on themselves for fighting. After pouring a whole glass tube of Project:925 on any weapon the liquid will stick to the weapon until it has been used for a several amount of time. Certainly not poisonous to humans, but is incredibly an extreme one to titans.

After inserting the serum into my own weapons and keeping a few just in case. I smiled with pride as my whole sword was taking the color of the serum indicating that the sword was now ready to kill titans.

Suddenly there was a loud crash coming from one of the houses. Everyone rushing towards the ruckus of the big crash. Upon arrival everything was in chaos. People screaming running away from an ambush of titans!

Titans were eating and destroying everyone invading the camp. Some of the brave soldiers decided to fight back by raising their weapons high in the air and charge towards them. Grabbing my golden sword from my shealth that was already covered in my Project:925 serum.

Releasing a war cry I charged with every other soldier fighting off the titans without summoning any of my elemental powers because I needed to save me energy for the rest of the war.

The ambush of the titans happened hours ago. There was blood everywhere I stepped in the battle field where we now call no-man's land because barely any soldier survived after the ambush. Even though my arm was still a little broken I feel as if it was now even worse than before. I couldn't even move it anymore. The army has decreased dramatically more than 50% of the original number! I felt no hope at this moment. I wanted things to go the way they were before. Why did I get included in this anyway?

Everyone in the plan room was discussing what our next move was since the military was very little now and we didn't have a plan or war strategy since after the ambush a lot more people died causing our chances of winning to become very slim.

Everyone was arguing with each other while I just stayed silent.

"What should be our next move?!" yelled a commander

"We should just surrender! Then there goes the island! Along with humanity!" exclaimed a captain

"Will you all just shut up" I said with venom instantly all the adults kept quiet wanting to hear what I wanted to say looking around to make sure everyone was listening which they were I continued "I suggest we send for help from the yonko's I'm sure they will help us" I suggested

Instantly everyone yelled out horrendous things out in surprise

"A Yonko! Help us?!"

"What makes you think they'll even care!"

"If we do we'll have a whole island debt towards them"

Ignoring their surprised/shocked stares towards me I still kept a straight face and turned towards the mayor "What do you think, Mayor-sama" I asked completely not acknowledging the yells of disbelief being directed towards me as they grew frustrated at my lack of concern from receiving help from an emperor.

"W-well I can't say it's not possible." at the mayor's stiff reply all the shouts were now aimed towards him

Nodding my head in understanding I suggested "Ok then I'll make the-"

Before I could finish the Mayor interrupted me "Actually I'll take the responsibility to request for assistance." he convinced. everyone except me agreed with the idea

"SAY WHAT?! I WANTED TO MAKE THE CALL" I made a violent reaction to his statement

The Mayor was trying to calm me down "Now, now Aphrodite. Nothing personal but your just.." his voice get stuck which meant he was trying to think of something non-offensive to say about me

"Loud."

"Could possibly wage war against the Yonko without even noticing!"

"Not convincing"

Other people in the room just voicing out the mayor's thoughts out loud. Instead of causing an outburst I remained semi-calm and reacted the calmest way possible...

"WHAT?!" I screamed towards everyone in the room making them shrink into smaller sizes while I loomed over them "I AM NOT LOUD, I'M EVER CONVINCING AND I ENJOY PEACE!"

"I can't tell if she's being serious.."

"This would be more realistic if this was a joke, you know"

"Aphrodite" I snapped my head towards the soothing voice that came from no other than my foster father "Listen to reason, I just think I might be the best person to ask for help. these Yonko's have a way with words, but I am sure I'll get em to help us."

"Alright fine" my head was hangin low clearly disappointed, then a thought came to my head that made my head snap up surprising the mayor at my quick change of mood "Just don't ask Big Mom please!" I begged literally on the floor my hands in a prayer position.

"Alright, alright. I wasn't planning on contacting her anyway" he reassured

"Thank you"

The next time the titans were attacking we were all fully prepared I made sure to send out almost all my elements towards the titans successfully killing them. While slicing and killing titan after titan everything was going well until the last titan had fallen which was killed by myself doing the honors of slicing it in half with my golden sword still drenched in my serum.

Everyone was cheering on the battlefield as it had fallen, but we were all cut short by an earthquake bigger than any I have ever experienced. My eyes were filled with fear, but also determination.

The same colossal titan appeared from the water surface. The face I would remember. the same hateful one from four months ago. I glared at it again. This time the titan stared at me with hate. Then his huge hand was just mere seconds away from crushing me until a fiery claw pushed him out of the way.

Looking at my savior as he turned into his human form in front of me

"You okay-yoi"

"War does not determine who is right only who is left."

-Akagami no Aphrodite