Our Adventure Begins

Aphrodite's POV

When I was little it was hard for me to make friends with other kids...I am different from them. From my scarlet red hair to my favorite hobbies. Most kids didn't like it.

But I never cared for them. I only hung out with my dad's crew. No one older than 20 years. Yet I felt like I belonged with them more than kids my age.

Until..I met him...

He was a ravenette haired boy who wore a straw hat. He was my first non-adult friend.

He thought my powers were cool. He actually wanted to befriend me. And I did. From that day forward we would always play together. Share our dreams. Enjoy each other's company. And once in a while make each other laugh.

Everyday spent with him we would do everything together. Eat. Play. Train. Sleep. Even eat cake together.

But one day that all stopped. We were all forced to be separated. We promised to meet each other again. I promised to join his crew, and make him live his dream.

No matter what. I'll protect him. Our crew. Our ship. And my nakama. I would do anything to protect them even if it means death. Then so be it. I would gladly welcome it with open arms....

Dawn Island: Windmill Village

Walking down in town. I breathed in the fresh air. Trying to locate where my friend could be. Looking around my right eye glowing brightly purple signaling that I was using my haki to pinpoint where my best friend would be.

Looking around the area I finally spotted a familiar person standing on the docks waiting - I'm sure for me, because I promised as soon as he turned 17 I will be there with him.

I rushed there pinpointing his features and changes that he trained through all those years. Picking up my pace until I was speeding up to him. "LUFFY!" I yelled to him while waving my hands "LUFFY!" finally turning around to look at me on his features I saw a completely confused expression on his face.

"eh? Who are you?" he asked stupidly pointing at me

I sweat dropped at his idiocy "Aphrodite. Akagami no Aphrodite!" I reassured him. But he still had a confused face on. I sighed "It's me, Ro" I pointed at myself

Suddenly as if he just realized Luffy flung his whole body around me wrapping me in a tight hug, the impact was so hard that we both fell backwards "Ro! I missed you! When did you get here?" he said sobbing hugging my chest rather tightly with his rubber hands.

"Not too long ago, why?" I said awkwardly rubbing his back since I still did not know how to react to our reunion

He let go of me to have a good look at my face. His jaw dropped upon "Ro! Are you crying?!" he exclaimed unable to believe what he himself have just witnessed

I touched my eyes to feel that there were tears there "What?! NO! I'm not crying! Maybe you are!'' I argued stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest and looking away from him.

"Huh? Okay I guess your right" he answered unsurely

After some small talk that we caught up on the last ten years when we were away. He told me he's been training really hard for the last ten years and I told him that I also trained hard the last decade. Then I had to tell him that I couldn't be his ship's weapon master. He took that very well actually:

"mm..okay. So you wanna be co-captain instead?" he grinned at me

"Ok. Maybe I can be the ship's weapon master and scientist, but it's just having three roles is kinda.."

"fun?" he cutted me off

I bonked him on the neck earning a cry of pain "No! Stressful!" I sulked

"Nah it sounds fun." he rubbed his head that had a huge bump on ''Your stronger than before"

"That's what I just said" I yelled at him annoyed. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the docks. "Come on we gotta start our journey.''

"Yosh! Let's go!" he exclaimed from happiness arms out facing the ocean. Then without warning he grabbed my arm and he jumped off the dock

"Ahhh! Luffy!" I screamed falling down..onto a boat. Once I got up I faced Luffy with a glare "Luffy you do that one more time I swear-"

I was threatening him until I saw his confused adorable expression facing me. He'd always use that trick to get me to do anything. I immediately stopped and dropped the matter knowing I couldn't hurt him. Instead I sat at the front of the small boat facing the ocean.

"Sabo! Watch me! I'm gonna go out to sea now!" Luffy shouted to the sky with an innocent face

I turned my head around a bit, but quickly turned it back once I saw that Luffy was mumbling about things. What the Straw Hat Boy didn't see was the huge crimson blush that I had on my cheek.

''Alright I'm going now!" Luffy bid his goodbyes to the townspeople. After that he began rowing the boat while I was reading a book in my hands. He breathed of fresh air "What a nice day to set sail! What do you think, Ro"

As if on cue I felt a presence under the water that caused me to groan and shut my book closed and set it back in my bag "Great. Now I can't read anymore." I mumbled annoyed under my breath

Sensing my distress he whipped his head my way "What's wrong?"

Shaking my head I pointed out "There's a monster coming in...3...2...1" on cue the monster popped out of the water. Shadowing over both of us.

"Here comes our local sea monster, Ro" he said shadow masking his eyes

Looking at the sea monster I came into realization that it was the exact monster that took my dad's arm. I smirked at it sadistically.

"He has no idea who he's messing with am I right?" I said coolly "You can kill him Luffy. And I'll have the next enemy." He smirked widely

"Look at this technique I've been training for ten years!" Luffy proclaimed. He stretched his hand backwards "Gum Gum.." the monster proceeded to eat us "...Pistol!" Luffy finished his move and punched the sea monster on the cheek causing it to die in one hit.

I laughed "That will teach him, incoherent fish!" And grabbed my book from my bag again and started reading again

"Alright, let's start with finding a crew. I want at least ten of them" Luffy stated

"Including us" I commented not taking my eyes off the page

"Yeah! And a black flag!"

"I think you forgot countless things on that list" I sweat dropped at my captain who didn't have nay planning ability "And that's why I'm here"

"Yosh! Let's go! I'm gonna be the king of the pirates!" he proclaimed his motto

I grinned at him and for a few seconds tore my gaze from the book and to my captain. 'I believe in you, Luffy' I smiled lovingly.

"Life was meant for great friends and great adventures."

-Akagami no Aphrodite