Usopp the Man's Tearful Resolve!

3rd's POV

Zoro had cut through Buchi leaving him with a deep wound. Zoro then threw all of his katanas into the air before they landed perfectly back in their sheath as Buchi fell to the ground. Suddenly a noise was heard from the forest making birds fly out. "What.. what was that?" Usopp stammered eyes lit with fear and worry.

"Who knows.. Jango's got them covered, maybe you should take a look for yourself." Kuro suggested "However.. You may be too late already."

Usopp gritted his sharp teeth together in frustration "You bastard.." then he screeched in pain on the ground "You've been living under the same roof for three years.. Don't you have anycompassion for her?"

"None!" Kuro answered without any hesitation "Like I said, Kaya is only part of my plan. After her death, I might then thank her."

Usopp was shaking uncontrollably either because of his anger or how soar he felt. "Why you.."

"Hopeless bastard." Zoro mumbled standing next to Aphrodite observing the scene.

"I didn't plan to save him in the first place." Aphrodite said "Usopp!!" she shouted. Her shout made him look back at her "You go look for them. Leave everything here to us." Aphrodite commanded with a dark glint in her eye.

"Leave it to us!" Zoro smirked hands on his katanas.

Usopp was looking at them with shock then it turned into pure determination as he tried to lift himself up from the ground. No matter how much his muscles hurt or his broken bones ache he was still determined to save Kaya as he fought against the pain to rise up. He slowly, but surely was getting up with what little strength he had left. He sweated and barely able to keep his balance when standing up while aching in pain. It surely looked like he was a mad man in the process of standing up. Meanwhile Zoro and Aphrodite were grinning in their own ways at his determination while Kuro looked indifferent except his eyes were now more narrowed.

"Oh, you can still move? Not bad.." Kuro mocked

"Shut up!" Usopp snapped "I won't.. let you have your way! You dare betray the villagers and Kaya's feelings! Do you think you can simply do as you please?!" each word he said made him screech in more pain as he was in terrible pain. When he tried walking forward he ended up falling forwards on his face.

"Usopp!" Aphrodite shouted in worry

"Damn.. I can't move a limb." Usopp cursed as his head was on the ground and his legs and body stiff and paralyzed.

Kuro let out a dry laugh at the scene, then it turned into a big evil laugh. "You really amuse me. I, betrayed them? Are you kidding me? Everything was planned. This isn't like playing some pirate game, where you'd go around pretending to be the Captain!" he lectured making Aphrodite glare harder at him while Usopp grit his teeth in anger "So you stay put and don't move. Well, even if you do manage to catch up with Jango, you're no match for him. You'd be much safer here." he laughed ever so dryly.

What angered Usopp was that he was right. He'd be much safer here and he won't be able to lay a hand on Jango in this state. "Even if I can't.. Even if I can't I want to protect.. I still want to protect them. For I am the Captain of the Usopp Pirate crew. I am a brave warrior of the sea!" he then raised his voice so that everyone on the slope could hear him "I won't let you lay a single finger on any of the villagers!!!" he declared.

There was a tensed silence after that, the tension was so thick at the top it could be cut with a katana. Meanwhile the crew at the bottom were oblivious to the tension or the situation at the top of the slope:

"What's he up to?"

"What's he yellin' for?"

"Yeah look, he's cryin'!"