Chapter 2.

The rain was hitting the roof hardly as Scarlett stared out of the window, as her cast mates Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Robert Downey Jr, and Chris Evans all messed around and joked with each other.

Scarlett tried focusing on the article she was reading, ignoring the loud laughter, but she kept finding herself drawn to the rain. It reminded her of a day she often tried so hard to forget. The day she was released from the hospital after sending her baby away. No one knew of Scarlett's Pregnancy beside Chris and a very close friend of hers from school.

Not even her family knew of the pregnancy. She stayed in England for months until the pregnancy ended and then returned like nothing happened. She still felt guilty but she knew she couldn't be a mother. She couldn't be a teen mom at all. Nether her nor Chris were ready for that.

Speaking of Chris, the blonde came walking toward her with a smile on his face. She could tell he was laughing rather hard because his face was red and his breathing was hard.
"Hey girl, what with the frown." He asked sitting at her feet. Scarlett knew better then to bring this up in a public place but she needed to ask him if he remembered. if he still thought of it.

"Chris do you know what today is?" She asked looking him in the eyes. Chris took a deep breath. He knew what today was. He hated remembering this day. the day he gave up his baby.

"Scarlett." he said, giving her a look meaning he didn't want to talk about it. Scarlett nodded her head in understandment and stood up.

"i will be back. i am going to go take a call." She said as her phone conveniently started to buzz. Chris nodded and gave her a look asking if she was okay. "as good as i will ever be."

:
:
:
:

Back with Nikki, she was closing her gym locker and drying her hair. She had just finished with swim for the day, which was her school sport at her middle school. She and her best friend Ava were getting ready to walk home, and Ava was showing her excitement for Nikki's birthday next week.

"You are going to be a teenager!" Ava said as she picked up her swim bag tossing it over her shoulder.

"it's not big deal Ava. It's literally just one year older then i turned last year. I don't really care for my birthday so much." She said shrugging her shoulder.

"Why? you will be a teenager and you have to tell me what it's like." Ava said and Nikki rolled her eyes.

"i don't see why you care so much. and to answer your question i have always felt like there was something missing from all my birthdays but i am not sure."

"Well i hope you figure it out. because you should be smiling when the day comes do you hear me." Ava said in more of a demanding voice.

"What ever."

"Hey did you get a copy of your birth certificate? Because the project needs to be started by today or else you will fail." Ava said making sure it was clear to Nikki that she had to work hard for this project.

"Well no. And for the record i could finish this project in less then a day." Nikki said opening up her water and taking a sip from the bottle.

"Why haven't you got it?" She asked curiously,

"Well i asked my parents but they got awfully quiet and before i could ask what was wrong you called so i left them. By the time i got back everyone had migrated to their rooms."

"Do you think they are hiding something?" Ava asked her raising a eyebrow. Nikki shrugged.

"Who knows. i will ask and i promise we can start tomorrow." Nikki reasured. As much as a procrastinator that she was, Nikki never broke a promise to Ava. So once they arrived to her house and Ava crossed the street to her house Nikki walked to the kitchen where her family was preparing dinner.

"Hey spot how is swimming?" Her father asked.

"Great i beat my record in the elementary back stroke." Nikki smiled.

"Congratulation." Her mother smiled. Nikki nodded a thank you and took a seat on the bar stool. Her parents were facing away from her and she shrugged and asked her question.

"Mom, Dad. you guys never answered my question the other day."

"what question dear?" Her mother asked chopping a carrot.

"I need my birth certificate." She said taking a bite of one of the apple slices on the counter. Both of their parents slowed the cutting of the fruit but didn't look at her.

"Do you really?" Her father asked shooting her mother a look of worry, that didn't go by unnoticed by Nikki.

"If you guys are worried about me ripping it, it's okay. i am just going to make a copy and then you can have it back. Come on please." Nikki begged. Her parents just stayed quiet.

"why are you guys so quiet?" She asked. Her parents looked at each other and then looked away from each other to look at Nikki.

"maybe we should Talk Nikki." Her mother said. She looked at her father and they both had solemn faces.

:
:
:
:

Sitting in her trailer, Scarlett looked at the ceiling and a tear fell from her face. How she wanted to talk to someone. Anyone about what had happened. What has been coming up. She hadn't this time of the year. She hated that it brought back memories, bad memories. The type of memories that make you wanna reach into your skull and a pull them out and just burn them. But you can't you have to live with them.

the tears started to come faster and there was nothing she can do. Every single time this day would tear her down. She really wants her baby girl. But she never would have made a good mother. She keeps telling herself that it was for her baby's best future. But there is only a certain amount of times you can say that before you no longer believe it yourself.

She never even laid eyes on her baby. She refused to look at the baby. She refused to listen to the pleading cries of the baby that wanted so badly to be hugged and held by her mother. To have a mother embrace. How can you love someone so much, who you have never even spoken a word to? If you ask if she regrets her answer will always be yes. Because she wanted to be that mother who went to soccer games or baseball games. But how can you be a good mother if you don't believe in yourself.

She lays on her side and thinks about how much her life would have change had she kept the baby. She would have been thirteen, and getting many teases from her mother about boys. But right now she out in the world. Who knows where. It hurt her more then anything that she had to sit there living with the fact that she doesn't know where her baby girl is. the fact that she was a woman who gave up her baby girl. the woman who doesn't have any idea about how she could move on from something like that.

A knock on the door interrupted her sorrows. She couldn't stand, she couldn't speak. She just cried. She heard the door open up and she didn't even bother to hide her cries. How could she? When ever she got into this state of mind it was a lot of work to get out and she didn't want to go threw that. She felt like she deserved the pain.

"Scarlett?" A male familiar voice said. He noticed her crying and sat down beside her. He didn't speak but he placed his hand on her leg and rubbed it.

"Chris it hurts so much. i miss her so much." She said sitting up and throwing herself into Chris's arms.

"i know. i miss her way more then i thought was possible." He said hugging her. "but we both know what we did was-"

"Can you stop saying that! What if it wasn't for the best. what if she would have just as fine if she was with us. With her parents. Chris i can't pretend like this never happened anymore."

"Well we have to Scarlett! It was a closed adoption. meaning we can't go out to find her. that kind of information just doesn't belong to us. Not anymore. not since the day" Chris said. He wasn't trying to be rude. But he knows there is no point of trying to find Nikki. He should know. Because he tried.

"i just want my baby Chris." she said a tear falling from her face. Chris nodded his head in agreement and then kissed her forehead.

"Me too Scar, Me too."