Chapter 22.

Scarlett was on set, they were going over a few scenes that needed to be redone due to mixed up directions coming from the Russo Brothers. So they were once again on set skipping threw a few of their news lines and going over old ones. 

Scarlett sat by herself as per usual as the boys on set were off being...well men. But one of them took time out of their horsing around to come and check up on the unusually quiet Scarlett. Robert had noticed her being oddly quiet and decided to see if there was anything he could do to make her feel better. 

"Hey, Scarjo." He said pronouncing here name very annoying in order to get her to smile, or playfully glare at him. He, however, got no emotion from the young actress. "What have you been up to?" He asked. 

"I don't know the usual." She mumbled very lightly. Even her voice was a key indicator that she was not really interested in socializing very much. Robert stared at her for a second as if he was analyzing all her thoughts. 

"Scarlett, I don't know what's going on but it really seems to have you down." He started not taking his eyes off of her as she read through her lines. "But maybe this has something to do with Chris," he spoke trying to get some sort of emotion out of her. 

Scarlett almost wanted to laugh. There was a time that her life revolved around the men she was with. Where when if anyone saw a sudden change in her emotions it had to be because of some man in her life. It was pathetic really. To think that the meditate cause of someone's sadness has come from some man. It tells you how far or how little they have come in life. 

However, Scarlett knew better than to assume that was what Robert was implying. She knew that Robert was inferring about something on a much larger scale. Bigger than her. Bigger than Chris. The only reason Robert had even brought up Chris was he was practically a piece of the problem in which Scarlett was facing. 

"Or maybe this has to do with the very nice young girl we met a few days back?" Asked Robert pulling Scarlett out of her deep thoughts. She couldn't help but smile when Robert complimented Nicole. Even though Scarlett didn't raise her, she was glad that Nicole was able to make a good impression to those she interacted with. 
"You wanna tell me about her?" Robert asked. 

"There is nothing to tell Robert." She said softly. Robert, however. could see the smile lacing Scarlett face, knowing very well she wanted to talk about Nicole with a burning passion in her heart. 

"Well, if there is nothing to talk about then I guess I should go." Robert threatened to leave almost standing up, but a hand on his own stopped him from leaving her. 

"No please don't." She said quietly. So Robert complied sitting right back down on the chair beside Scarlett. She took a minute not exactly knowing what there was to say. All she could think about was that this would be one of the first conversations about Nicole where she could be truly honest, not being judged if her feelings were different then the person's she was speaking to. "I guess I should start by saying that we made a mistake." 

"Scarlett please, I have made many mistakes in my lifetime, having a child was NEVER a mistake I ever made." He said looking her dead in the eyes. "If I only ever did one thing well in my life it was having my kids." 

"But I messed up. We were so young. We were stupid and we made the mistake of doing something that we weren't supposed to do and instead of facing the consequences of that night we ran from them." She tried to explain her point, however, Robert made sure she saw the look he was giving her. It was one telling her not to worry. 

"You can't keep blaming yourself for the mistake," Robert said. "You both made some bad decisions but deciding to give her up was probably the best decision you could have thought of at the time. Which means it was the best choice, the best choice you made as a parent. As you can see, or at least as I can see from all the interactions between Nicole and the crew she is a very respectful and well brought up young woman."