Chapter 5.

The truth always has a way of coming out, no matter how hard you try to keep it hidden.

:
:
:
:

:

Vanessa laughed. It was funny. She tried so hard to laugh off the conversation, but Chris wasn't laughing and Scarlett passed out. She immediately stopped laughing when she saw that Chris was not laughing.
"You can't be serious." She said. Chris looked at her not speaking. "oh. My. God. You are serious." She put her hands over her mouth. "Chris i swear to god this better not be a prank." She said. Chris looked at her. Chris invited her into his house so he could possibly explain. Probably the last conversation he will have before he is murdered tomorrow by Scarlett. "we should probably bring her in." Vanessa said. Chris nodded and opened the back door picking her up bridal style.

Taking Scarlett inside, Chris laid her down on his bed and closed the door. He walked back into the living room and saw Vanessa pacing back and forth shaking her head.
"How did i not know? My own baby sister has a baby?" She asked, her voice chocked.

"Vanessa you have to understand, we were just kids. we didn't know the first thing about having a kid."

"you guys could have came to us. Why didn't you talk to anyone?" Vanessa asked. "This has to all be one lie. You guys can't be parents. Where is the baby?" She asked.

"Scarlett and i were nervous. we were freaking out. we had to think of our parents. they gave up everything for both of us and we couldn't ruin that. But i guess we were more scared each and every day. So we talked. She called me to Europe and told me how scared she was. She was freaking out. i was freaking out." He spoke trying to avoid her main question.

"Chris, answer the question. where is the baby?" She asked in a louder voice then before. Chris looked at her before looking at the floor. before he could speak someone else answered.

"We don't know."

Vanessa looked up to see her sister standing at the door. She usually became silver after a short nap. Now all she had a was a pounding head ache. Chris left to go get her aspirin and water. Vanessa couldn't even hide the disappointment in her eyes.

She shook her head at her little sister. She couldn't even describe what she was feeling. she looked around and sighed rubbing her head.
"Chris and you have a child? You don't know where it is? And you never told anyone." She asked calmly.

"if you wanna yell at me can you do it all ready? i am tired of getting those petty stares Vanessa." Scarlett said.

"i am not mad Scarlett." Vanessa said. "i am upset and disappointed but i am not mad. I know you were scared. You didn't want to have the responsibility."

"It's not that i didn't want the responsibility. It is that i was scared. i didn't know what to do Vanessa. My career was just getting started and if mom and dad found out i was pregnant i felt like they would feel so disappointed." She said. There was only silence between the sisters. Even when Chris rejoined them they stayed quiet. No one spoke but they knew exactly what everyone was thinking. Vanessa was still trying to wrap her head around all of this. She was completely confused, but it explained so much of Scarlett's attitude when she came home after Europe. and when ever the day rolled around she would disappear for a while.

"do you regret it? leaving her?" Vanessa asked. Scarlett was silent before looking up at her sister. she looked in her eyes and for once Vanessa was able to see the pain her sister held in her eyes. She saw the world pulling her down. It was amazing what someone can hide with makeup and a smile. A smile, was after the best disguise. Scarlett took a deep breath and nodded her head with a tear falling down along her cheek bones.