Chapter 12

:
:
:
:
:
<>

As your feelings for someone grows so does your fear of losing them. In those few moments when she found out who the girl sitting before she was her daughter. The little girl that she gave away all those years ago was now in front of her. And she was gorgeous.

Chris himself was in denial. He had never seen his daughter before and this girl who trespassed onto Scarlett's house was his daughter. He was having trouble believing it. But when he looked over at Scarlett she seemed to have tears in her eyes. 

Gently he took her hand and lead her back to the kitchen. He looked at Scarlett and took her hands into his. 
"Scarlett..." He started. 

"Chris, it can't be. How can..."  She asked looking him in the eyes. 

"Scarlett that's can't be our daughter.... how would our daughter even know who you are much less where you live?" He questioned raising an eyebrow. Scarlett thought about everything she did during the pregnancy.  Then it hit her like a rock thrown to the face. 

"Oh. My. Gosh." She said in a gasp. 

"What? Scarlett what is it." He asked. Chris was on the verge of a panic attack and didn't know how to comprehend everything that was going on. In fact, he felt like he was still in this perfect bubble that he called a dream. Although this wasn't a dream. But it wasn't a nightmare but because of how much stress it has brought him it wasn't a dream. It was something in the middle of all of that.

"The note." Was all she said. Chris was getting really nervous and urged her to continue with the story.  "I wrote Nicole a note. Before I had her I wrote her a note telling her one day I wouldn't mind finding her. And blah blah blah. She must have read it and it leads her to us! Can't you see Chris this is a gift! Heaven is giving us another chance!" 

"Or you know total coincidence." He shrugged his shoulders. Chris was still refusing to believe the truth behind this but Scarlett was completely on board. "Scarlett you can't really believe this." He said but Scarlett wasn't listening to him. She walked out of the kitchen ignoring Chris's calls and looked out at girls. 

"How did you find us?" She asked. She must have startled the girls who were in their own conversation because they flinched. Scarlett was thinking that if they found her by how she thought they found her then it was obviously her daughter and she wouldn't doubt it. But if not there was really no other way that that girl sitting on the couch was her daughter. 

"Oh... Um well, I have been doing a project-" She started but was interrupted by Scarlett. 

"No how did you find us." She repeated. It took Nicole a moment to understand what she was talking about. She realized what she was talking about but said it slowly. 

"Well, I read your Letter." Again she was interrupted. Now she knew where she got these kinds of things. 

"Oh. My. You are my ... I am gonna cry." She said. Nicole was getting very uncomfortable and stood up. 

"Listen. I know that I probably shouldn't have come. It was wrong of me. I know that. I just found out a week ago I was adopted and I couldn't-" 

"Wait-" Scarlett said interrupting her for the third time. 

"For God's sake,  woman let her speak!" Ava yelled getting really that she wasn't letting Nicole speak. 

"No. I have to say this." She turned to Nicole. "you never knew that you were adopted?" She asked. Her voice sad but happy.