Chapter 21.

Scarlett stared at Chris blankly not speaking a single word but there were many thoughts that run through her mind. Chris had come over to speak with Scarlett but when he arrived she was careless taking sips of her wine. 

Two other cups were around her, and they were both empty as well. Chris was honestly really worried and after a few moments, he realized that Nicole was gone, which would explain why Scarlett was feeling bad. She had gotten really attached to the young girl in the last few days, even if she didn't want want to admit it.

"You know Scarlett she isn't gone," Chirs said standing up to put the cups in her sink. "She will be in town for two more days." He pointed out to her, but Still no reaction. Chris sighed, sometimes he wonders whether or not chasing this woman would ever work out. 

Chris has decided that he was falling for Scarlett. Who wouldn't? She was so freaking perfect. But Scarlett would barely give Chris the time of day anymore. She wasn't even talking to him right now. 

"Listen, Scarlett, I know you are hurting... But you still may be able to see her before she goes back home." Chris tried to say. Finally, he got a reaction out of her. She looked up at him. 

"Chris," she said. Her voice was low and raspy. "They don't want me to see her anymore. And there is nothing that I can do about that because they are her parents. Not us. They have control over her for the next 5 years. And if they don't want her to see me she won't." 

"They were scared Scar." He tried to reason. "They just got Nicole, who ran away after finding out she was adopted, back. Of course, they would act so overprotective." 

"I don't wanna lose her Chris. I know it's only been a few days that we have gotten to be with her but... I don't know I feel like meeting her reminded me of everything we gave up. Somehow it made me realize just how much I was missing out on." She said, Chris, sighed and took her hand leading her over to the couch. He sat her down and took her face in hands. 

"Look, Scarlett, you are an amazing mother, you spend only a few days with this girl, however, you proved to actually care so much about her. And I will make sure that you will get to spend time with her. I will make sure she never leaves you completely." He said. 

"How can you be so sure of that?" She asked, her eyes were sad and droopy. Chris sighed. Because I would do anything to see you smile. 

"Because you are an amazing mother and I am sure they saw that, and they wouldn't want to keep Nicole away from you if it makes her happy," he said. Scarlett gave him a small smile before nodding. She slowly placed her head onto Chris's chest and closed her eyes. Chris took in her smell trying to memorize this moment.

Back at the hotel, Nicole laid on her bed scrolling through Instagram. She was upset because she was having a good time with Scarlett, however, she missed her family. She was at a crossroads. She didn't know who she wanted to spend her time with. 

"When are we going home?" Nicole asked when her parents walked into the hotel holding food. 

"Two days. Why so eager to do get home?" Asked her father as he set the bag of Burger King down onto the small table in front of him. Emma and Eric looked at the bag and sat up to grab their food. 

"Not exactly the word I would use for it." She said grabbing the food that was hers. 

"Well we will be home soon enough and things will get back to normal." Her mother said to her. Nicole was kind of annoyed with her mother because she was acting as if she was no longer allowed to see her birth parents. 

"Mom I wanna see Scarlett tomorrow, they invited us all over for dinner. All of us just one happy dinner." She said. Emma, her older sister smiled and nodded her head. 

"See that sounds interesting! Count me in!" She said and her brother Eric smiled and nodded his head in agreement. 

"I think we are busy." Her mother said, causing Nicole to frown. 

"What do you mean busy? you literally just told us that we weren't going to do anything right before we left." Nicole pointed out. 

"Well, now we are. I am the mother and I have made a decision." Said Jasmine. 

"Fine, have fun then." She said and Jasmine frowned disapprovingly at her daughter. 

"You are coming with us," Jasmine said. 

"No, I am not, I am going to dinner with Scarlett. Because she invited me and if you have taught me one thing it is to never decline an invitation of someone important to you." Nicole said. "You guys are welcomed to join if you want." She said. 

"How is she important to you? You barely met that woman!" Jasmine said and Nicole looked at her mother shocked. 

"How could you say that? She is my birth mother. And I know I care about her because she cares about me. just like you! And I want to get to know her, I feel like I can't know me if I don't even know where I came from." Nicole pleaded. "Please mom, this is really important to me. I want you to see she is a good person. She isn't what she is shone to be by gossip sights." She said. 

Jasmine was silent. She hated when her kids were upset. She did want to have a good relationship with this woman because she knew how Nicole was like. She knew that even if she forbid it she would go see them. But the truth was she was just afraid that she would lose her daughter. And nothing in the world scared her more than losing any of her children. 

"Fine." she sighed. Although she didn't want to go the look on Nicole's face made her smile. She knew she was doing the right thing. She was going to try with them. For Nicole.

I am so sorry! It has been a month! Oh my! I wrote a chapter, however, I may have deleted it and then I started looking at colleges and man school got so ugh. But I am here now and I'm gonna try and post every other week or so. I will try! Thank's for being patient with me!