Chapter 24.

Here is your guys new chapter in honor of my birthday! Wow, I hope you guys enjoy, there may or may not be some drama occurring very soon. 

Chris sat in front of Scarlett, just as he did a few days ago when Scarlett was staring off into space in need of advice. After last night when Scarlett confronted him and helped him finally share all the emotions that he is going through, he had felt a lot more comfortable around her. Maybe not ready to see Nicole just yet, but he knew that with Scarlett help he could start coming to terms with this all. 

The only problem, however, was that Scarlett was feeling completely devastated, not knowing if she had lost her chance of being in her daughter's life or not. From what it seemed like, she had missed out. 

Last night

Scarlett removed her arms from around Chris, who used his sleeves to clear the tears that we on his face. He felt horrible even saying these things out loud, not because of his dignity but because he knew any other parent would have told him they felt the same way before they had a kid, however, they learned to get over it.

"I wanna thank you for listening to me. If it was anyone else they would have told me I was a coward, an Idiot." He stopped a moment, not looking up at her, he closed his eyes for a moment, "sometimes I wonder if you are the only person who can possibly make me feel this way." He ended with staring into her green eyes, he could tell she was a bit distracted as of right now, however she tried keeping her focus. 

"Why do you say that?" She asked, looking him in the eyes, she had to admit that despite the internal panic she was going through, she told herself that she was speaking with Chris, she wouldn't make EVERYTHING about herself. 

"Because when I am around you, I feel like I can... I don't know, maybe the fact that just being around you makes me somewhat a better person... it's stupid." He looked down and used his hands to rub his face, he was red with embarrassment. 

"I don't think that it's stupid Chris." She said with a smile, that makes Chris smile and his stomach fill with butterflies. He felt like a teenager all over again. When she smiles at him, he remembers exactly why he still has all these underlying feelings toward her. 

"You don't?" He asked, looking at her to see if she was lying. He wasn't calling her a liar, however, he just felt like things were only maybe onesided with them. 

"No. Of course not. You are my best friend Chris." And there it was. Friend.  "You know that I love spending time with you." 

"Yeah... yeah of course." He gave her a smile that wouldn't have convinced him on any other day, however today she was too distracted to see his true feelings. He looked up and finally noticed her concerned look. "Hey what's wrong?" he asked. 

"Oh um, it doesn't matter." She said trying to reach out for her drink once more. Chris saw this and used his hand to keep the drink on the counter. She looked up at him annoyed. "What are you doing?" She asked. 

"Saving you from a killer headache tomorrow. Trust me." He said. He moved the cup away from her reach and then took her hands into his own. "Now you just listen to me rant, now it's your turn Scar, what's wrong?" He asked looking into her eyes deeply.