Chapter 29.

Warning: This chapter involves bulling. 

Right now, I'm stuck somewhere between what if, what might, what could have, and what never will and all I want to know is what actually is
(Christina Hart) 

Nicole didn't know what she really needed in her life. She had lost so much in these last few weeks that her mind was in pieces. She felt like everything she was known to be true was a lie. 

She lost her best friend, she lost her parents trust, she lost her 'good girl' persona, and most importantly she seemed to lose herself. In the process of gaining, people who should be considered the most important people, she lost herself. She lost her character and her murals. She lost the piece of herself that she loved. 

She needed to amend the ties that she broke. She needed to find, not her old self, but the new her. The one who had at least a small bit of sanity. This was something she needed to do. However, the only problem was that she didn't know how to. 

It's been two weeks since the whole drunken night incident and she was only beginning to work back the trust she once shared with her parents. She got home on time every night, she made sure to do her chores and tired a little bit harder in school. 

School its self was an entirely different story. Within the next week, she was going to graduate, and while none of the kids at her current school knew about the incident she was sure when she went to high school in a few months her social life would be over before it even really begun. 

But currently, she already sat alone. Ava could be seen in their usual spot with Ashley, a girl from their class. She didn't know how to approach her best friend anymore, due to the feeling of betrayal coursing throughout them. For now, Nicole preferred to let her friend have a vacation from her. Something she too wished she could have from herself. 

The rest of the day went by very slow, it felt like each minute felt like hours. She couldn't focus. She needed her day to end. So when that school bell rang she ran out of school faster then words can describe.

She ran past the high school, where her sister was standing by her car talking to some boy she was currently head over heels for. Her sister noticed her and tried calling out to her. 

"Hey, Nicole you need a ride?!" She yelled by Nicole ran right passed her holding on to her backpack and quickly dogging any people that might be in her way. She made the mistake of dogging one person and bumping into someone else. 

"Hey watch where you are going!" Oh no. She knew that voice. Nicole gulped and the person behind the voice seemed to figure out who bumped into her. "Well if it isn't the sl*t" She rolled her eyes. Her friends laughed, and Nicole could feel the tears developing in her eyes. Why did this have to happen today of all days? 
"What are you doing here?" She asked harshly. 

"I was just... um " Nicole stuttered said fixing her backpack which had fallen from her shoulder. 

"You were um uh what?" Marie mocked as the people around her laughter showing their support for Marie. There were few people who would stand up to Marie, which is why when someone spoke up it surprised everyone there. 

"Lay off Marie," Another said, Nicole, looked up to see Jake walking up toward them.  Nicole knew better than to get her hopes up that this would end, Marie wouldn't be stopped by anyone. 

"Please don't tell me you sticking up for her Jakey," She said placing her hand on his shoulder. "It would be a real shame if this far into your high school life you becoming a school idiot," her threats weren't shallow, she could actually do whatever it was she was promising. Everyone knew that.